Ex wife holding passport

i think the only option you have is to sit the kids down and explain whats happening. tell them their mother doesnt want them to go and is refusing to hand their passports over.

apologise to them and say there's nothing you can do about it.

then let pester power kick in.....

all you are doing is telling them the truth and it seems like the only realistic option you have.

If you have proof that she has previously consented to this, then threaten her with small claims court to recoup the full cost of the holiday.

And also tell the kids that it's mummy's fault, and send them round.

Do they know where she keeps the passports? Do they have keys? Why not call round when mummy's at work and get the passports?

I think the behaviour of the Mum is dispicable, BUT I'm really shocked how many people are advocating getting the kids involved in the row.

Please don't upset the kids anymore than they already are.

It seem's their Mum is already using them as a weapon please, please don't let Dad start doing it too.

Go and see a solicitor, find out where you stand in law.

If you have proof that she has previously consented to this, then threaten her with small claims court to recoup the full cost of the holiday.

And also tell the kids that it's mummy's fault, and send them round.

Do they know where she keeps the passports? Do they have keys? Why not call round when mummy's at work and get the passports?

Just what I was thinking...

I think the behaviour of the Mum is dispicable, BUT I'm really shocked how many people are advocating getting the kids involved in the row.

Please don't upset the kids anymore than they already are.

It seem's their Mum is already using them as a weapon please, please don't let Dad start doing it too.

Go and see a solicitor, find out where you stand in law.

to be fair it doesn't sound like there is a choice. Im assuming they know they are supposed to be going on holiday. If mum keeps the passports what is he supposed to do? lie?

They're not little kids though, at 16 and 13, they're adolescents and should be old enough to choose whether they want to go on holiday with their father.

And old enough to be able to convince their mother of that.

Can you remember being a teen.

Involving teens in this kind of **** can cause alot of psychological damage.

I suggest the OP and her partner don't stoop to his ex's level (however tempting) if only for the sake of the kids.

the passports aren't lost or stolen and we'd need her written say so that this is the case as she's the one who applied for them in the first place.

We can't get new ones just because we can't get the old ones off her.

I'm sure you can class them as stolen. Mine was stolen a few months ago and even though I (and the police) knew who had them they were never recovered and I declared it stolen and now have a new one.

Archived