Ex wife holding passport

Can you remember being a teen.

Involving teens in this kind of **** can cause alot of psychological damage.

I suggest the OP and her partner don't stoop to his ex's level (however tempting) if only for the sake of the kids.

so what do you think he should do? tell the kids "actually you can't come with me".

Can you remember being a teen.

Involving teens in this kind of **** can cause alot of psychological damage.

I suggest the OP and her partner don't stoop to his ex's level (however tempting) if only for the sake of the kids.

I don't see what other option the father has. The kids will want to know why they can't go on holiday and the only options are to tell the truth or to lie. I think honesty is best at the ages of 13 and 16 IMO.

I'm sure you can class them as stolen. Mine was stolen a few months ago and even though I (and the police) knew who had them they were never recovered and I declared it stolen and now have a new one.

But it wont be any good as they are supposed to go away at the weekend.

They cant apply saying they are stolen as everyone knows including the Mother that they arent.To say so would be false.

I am sure that the passport office would check on this anyway.

My sons was genuinely lost and when they processed his new one they made a phone call to this address and asked security questions.

Can you remember being a teen. Involving teens in this kind of **** can cause alot of psychological damage.

'alot of psychological damage' :huh: Involving them in telling their mother that they want their passports and her blessing to go on a holiday that she knew was being arranged? That's going to cause them psychological damage? Utter piffle!

It's going to upset them far more missing out on their holiday. Unless the kids have actually told her they don't want to go and begged her to hold onto their passports? That could be a possibility, you know what kids are like. All for things at the time and then change their minds at the last minute.

I can remember being a teenager very well. The last thing I'd have wanted at 16 was to go anywhere with either of my parents and my siblings, but autres temps, autres mores :hihi:

They cant apply saying they are stolen as everyone knows including the Mother that they arent.To say so would be false.

My sons was genuinely lost and when they processed his new one they made a phone call to this address and asked security questions.

You can get a 1 day fast-track (premium) and go fetch it, only thing is it costs a bomb.

I never had any phone calls or questions, just filled in a lost/stolen form when I took my application in to Liverpool passport office and received new one in the post.

'alot of psychological damage' :huh: Involving them in telling their mother that they want their passports and her blessing to go on a holiday that she knew was being arranged? That's going to cause them psychological damage? Utter piffle!

It's going to upset them far more missing out on their holiday. Unless the kids have actually told her they don't want to go and begged her to hold onto their passports? That could be a possibility, you know what kids are like. All for things at the time and then change their minds at the last minute.

I can remember being a teenager very well. The last thing I'd have wanted at 16 was to go anywhere with either of my parents and my siblings, but autres temps, autres mores :hihi:

It's not piffle at all.

I know adults who have divorced parents who STILL try to embroil kids in their disputes and it causes alot of stress and upset.

The best the Dad can do here is try to resolve this without involving the kids.

Of course if the passports don't materialise they'll have find out, but advocating involving the kids to use pester power and telling them so they'll hate their Mum is very wrong.

I'm not sure if this will help due to the short notice, but it might help in future.

If you possess legal Parental Responsibility, granted by the joint registering of your child with your partner, then you have equal legal status and are allowed to take the child or children abroad. However, since the passing of Child Abduction Act in 1984, it has been illegal to take a child abroad without the consent of the other parent. Under a Residence Order, where a child's residence is legally decided, you can take the child abroad for up to a month. A court does have the option though of issuing a Prohibited Steps or Specific Issues Order, which restricts where the child can specifically be taken, and the context under which it is taken. A child must also have their own individual passport, and if this procedure is made, the parent is obliged to notify all others with Parental Responsibility that this is taking place. Failing to adhere to these procedures can result in a forced separation from the child and extended imprisonment.

You can appy for a specific issue order, if you feel that there is no good reason for your ex partner to refuse to let you take a child abroad. Unfortunately this could take around 2 weeks.

If your order is granted you could obtain a residence order as mentioned above in that way and take the kids away for up to 4 weeks without your partners permission.

I think i'ts a bit late for a replacement now, and they aren't lost or stolen, she's witholding them. The kids can't find them either. 3 weeks ago she was fine about us taking them and even took them to the doctors for their travel injections. myself or my partner certainly wouldn't dream of going in her house and finding them ourselves, we're trying to not seem too concerned in front of the kids but if we don't give the travel agency the passport details today-there's every possibility the kids will not be on the plane.

Archived