Yemen Muslim cleric al-Awlaki in US death threat video

No, maybe YOU want him dead, but I certainly don't. If he's dead, he becomes a martyr, a figurehead for people to rally to.

Far better to punish him by gaoling him for a decent amount of time, where, as others have said, he'll be starved of the oxygen of publicity, and out of harm's way.

Who cares if he's a martyr? He'll only be a martyr amongst his fellow nutters

I would assume that the average Muslim would only see him as the sick demented individual he is

Who cares if he's a martyr? He'll only be a martyr amongst his fellow nutters

I would assume that the average Muslim would only see him as the sick demented individual he is

I may have to type this slowly for you, harleyman.

If the authorities put this man to death, he will be a figurehead, and it will encourage other idiots to rally to his cause.

Yes of course, average Muslims like myself can see him for the deadhead he is. But do you want to foment more unrest? do you want to see more insurgency against the soldiers fighting over in the Gulf? Putting him to death will do that, it will cause idiots to rally to his cause.

Putting him away in gaol will not make a martyr of him. it will simply be putting him out of harm's reach, where he cannot easily spread his brand of idiocy.

If the authorities put this man to death, he will be a figurehead, and it will encourage other idiots to rally to his cause.

Yes of course, average Muslims like myself can see him for the deadhead he is. But do you want to foment more unrest? do you want to see more insurgency against the soldiers fighting over in the Gulf? Putting him to death will do that, it will cause idiots to rally to his cause.

Putting him away in gaol will not make a martyr of him. it will simply be putting him out of harm's reach, where he cannot easily spread his brand of idiocy.

I dont buy that argument Plain Talker. Those idiots who might potentially rally to his cause are more than likely already mentally preparing themselves to join Al Qaeda anyway. They dont need this guy as an excuse to join up.

It's already a done deal with these people now or in the near future

Taking the average Muslim as a whole I dont see such as them suddenly turning into suicidal hate filled extremists. They're like everyone else, capable of rational thought and reason and I wouldn't mind betting that this man's demise would be a welcome turn of events since it's the likes of him get Muslims a bad name

Still can't see the funny side of that. I suppose the next time I read about an extremist hate preacher born in the UK preaching that all UK citizens should be killed that will be funny to me. I will be sure to point it out to all of you, shall I?

What the hate nut is saying, is that as he is also a US citizen, he should also die... Being a yank, irony has been lost on him...

He won't be long for the world anyways... So he will get his wish for the death of at least one american...

I think you are doing fellow muslims a dis-service by suggesting that they're going to be rallyed to al qaedas cause because the CIA kill a terrorist leader.

Huge levels of civilian casualties in Iraq, absolutely i'd agree that did rally people to the extremists causes, killing terrorists,i don't buy it.

Abu Ayyub al-Masri, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were all senior al qaeda types, all killed to bits by allied forces and all dead buried and forgotten. No great surge in al qaedas fortunes followed their deaths.

While alive they were actively causing large numbers of deaths, once dead they were replaced with less competant people, reducing al qaedas ability to kill.

You talk about making a martyr out of the guy, the sort of people who either support al qaeda or lean that way like martyrdom, it's their big thing that they aspire to. They don't feel the sadness we do when our soldiers are killed, they celebrate their "martydom" so killing those of their people involved in violence does not have the same negative conotations for them as it does for us.

Also one of the regular demands of islamist groups who have captured westerners is the release of al qadea prisoners - we don't get that problem when they are killed in the field.

When dealing with an enemy that is quite happy to kill everyone, including themselves to further their insane goals my view is as and when identified they should be eliminated whenever the opportunity arises. This is a war, issuing them with an asbo or a cease and desist injunction won't cut the mustard with these people.

Archived