Police ignoring road hazzard.

Driving down prince of wales road today in the middle lane there was a police car driving in the left hand lane to turn left onto the parkway.

Right at the roundabout about 6 feet in the road was a large motorway traffic cone on its side causing a hazzard.

Seeing as the just drove aroudn it and went on their way i stopped and with the help of a lady who stopped oncoming traffic i removed it.

So?

Heres the question.... Should they have ignored it or should they have removed the hazzard?

When my car broke down on the ring road a few months ago blocking one lane entirely a policeman pulled up by me and asked "have you called someone?" .. I said yes I was on the phone to the RAC at the time. His response was "good" and drove off.

It took a box lorry driver to pull up and help me push the car up onto the kerb.

The policeman didn't want to know.

Police are ignoring road hazards everywhere, it is illegal to park at night facing the wrong direction to do so is a road hazard.

If you ran into a car parked at night facing the wrong way the owner of the parked car would be liable.

Everynight down the road from where I live a commercial vehicle parks facing the wrong way it is always loaded with up to six of the larger size propane cylinders, if a car ran into it and caused a fire all the homes in the immediate vicinity would be flattened when the cylinders went up.

It is now common place to see vehicles parked facing the wrong way at night.

I drove over some steel and I kid you not it punctured the fuel tank on my car, I phoned the police to say that I remember seeing it it just before it banged under the car as the rain it shone in my headlights a little giving me a glimpse, and that it was still in the road and that maybe they would want to send down a patrol car to remove it.

The answer they gave me... Well you shouldn't have been speeding then and put the phone down !

You could not make it up, I was gob smacked, I phoned up to help some other motorist or pedestrian from getting injured and they try turning it round to drop some guilt on me so they didn't have to get off their arses.

There was once a crappy old caravan abandoned on Wooly Wood bottom, a road which the police travel along all the time. I knew for a fact if it wasn't removed, it would be set alight. A week later I passed it again and it was just a chassis and a pile of ash. I'm not sure if it should be there responsibility, but anybody could have worked out it would be set on fire, so it might have been worth the police sorting it (since they pass it everyday) in order to prevent a fire.

Police are ignoring road hazards everywhere, it is illegal to park at night facing the wrong direction to do so is a road hazard.

If you ran into a car parked at night facing the wrong way the owner of the parked car would be liable.

Everynight down the road from where I live a commercial vehicle parks facing the wrong way it is always loaded with up to six of the larger size propane cylinders, if a car ran into it and caused a fire all the homes in the immediate vicinity would be flattened when the cylinders went up.

It is now common place to see vehicles parked facing the wrong way at night.

Talk about a drama queen.:roll::roll:.

We have moved on from a cone in the road to the whole street blowing up.:hihi::hihi:.

There was once a crappy old caravan abandoned on Wooly Wood bottom, a road which the police travel along all the time. I knew for a fact if it wasn't removed, it would be set alight. A week later I passed it again and it was just a chassis and a pile of ash. I'm not sure if it should be there responsibility, but anybody could have worked out it would be set on fire, so it might have been worth the police sorting it (since they pass it everyday) in order to prevent a fire.
There's no money in it. Had it had a registered owner it would have been towed away in hope that they can stick a bill on them for it.

Everything has a price now, even policing.

Archived