Anywhere good on sunday?

metroman

Hehahahe... Too many kids in church, too many kids in OAPhomes, too many kids in the pub these days! Whatever happened to the good old days? Can't have kids, so maybe I'm biassed?! All I want is a QUIET place to go in the country for food and pnts and a chat and maybe have to get a taxi home?... Most pla es fall down in some way. Just miss going with the missus to a good pub on a Sunday? Too much to ask??!!!!!

Was at the Scotsman's Pack in Hathersage for Sunday lunch a few weeks ago. Thoroughly enjoyable! Check it out ....

http://www.scotsmanspack.com/

There were 11 of us so we booked. We got there for 1pm and it wasn't busy at all. By the time we left a couple of hours later, it was much busier. Mind you, the weather was fab and there were lots sitting outside.

Also, the Grouse Inn, Longshaw, near Froggatt Edge. The food was great when I went. We ate in one of the small front bar areas and there was a lovely open fire blazing away! Got a bit hot in there after a while because it's quite a cramped area, but on a cold winter's Sunday afternoon with a few pints down ya, who cares?

There are other larger dining areas at the back (I think one is a children's room, so you could avoid that!). Also, quite a 'pleasant' smoking area outside, which I liked :)

Morans on Abbeydale Road South is fantastic, but ... it is pricey, you must book, and it's not the sort of place to linger after your meal.

One last thought. Not sure what the Norfolk Arms at Ringinglow is like for food on a Sunday, but it's not too far out if you need to get a taxi. Fab views!

Let us know how you go on. I'm always interested in trying different places.

Archived