I need help! Recommendations for a hen weekend away in the country??

hello.

Well i have the lovely job as my best friends Maid of Honor.

So she wants a weekend away somewhere in the south of england in a cottage. She wants to be able to have a horse riding session and maybe some spa treatments.

I've been looking online but there's millions of places~!!

Have you been away on a weekend somewhere and would recommend it?

I should also say there are at least 15 guests she wants to invite too.

Any help would be greatly apprecited!!! :)

Laura

I just did a google search and came up with Acacia Cottages. I have to say, they look like they have everything pretty much covered - to include what you want to do on the Hen Weekend too.

Can't recommend them as I've always gone abroad for a weekend and such-like, but they do look good!

Pricy - but you could always pay in instalments until the time I guess?

Thanks for your reply guys.

i don't think the Hen will do a centre parks weekend as she really wants to hire a cottage.

Yep already looked at Acacia Cottages and they do have everything we want but it is too expensive and I'm not sure everyone will want the facials and horseriding.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Keep them coming!!

• 4 months later...

If you are willing to include Yorkshire and Derbyshire, The Maynard at Grindleford is a fantastic little hotel with ten bedrooms, a hotel bar and lounge, two rosette restaurant, the Peak District on its doorstep and you can even hire in beauticians to do treatments while you are there. I'm sure there'll be some horseriding stables around nearby or if not they have an outward bounds centre nearby that may be of use!

hello.

Well i have the lovely job as my best friends Maid of Honor.

So she wants a weekend away somewhere in the south of england in a cottage. She wants to be able to have a horse riding session and maybe some spa treatments.

I've been looking online but there's millions of places~!!

Have you been away on a weekend somewhere and would recommend it?

I should also say there are at least 15 guests she wants to invite too.

Any help would be greatly apprecited!!! :)

Laura

Try a farm holiday -there are always loads of old hens there and the odd rooster to excite the poor dears.

Archived