The history of Sheffield Forum?

Hi people,

I just wondered if anyone knows the history of Sheffield Forum? Me and my cousin have decide to try and set one up for Warwickshire as thats where he lives but wondered what the founders of Sheffield Forum did to spread the word.

I know that starting a forum is hard as obviously people wont stay if there isnt anything interesting on it. So Ive started by contacting places like Warwickshire Castle to see if they would be interested in a section and maybe offer a coupon for members.

Sorry if this wrong section I just didnt know where else it should go.

Hi people,

I just wondered if anyone knows the history of Sheffield Forum? Me and my cousin have decide to try and set one up for Warwickshire as thats where he lives but wondered what the founders of Sheffield Forum did to spread the word.

I know that starting a forum is hard as obviously people wont stay if there isnt anything interesting on it. So Ive started by contacting places like Warwickshire Castle to see if they would be interested in a section and maybe offer a coupon for members.

Sorry if this wrong section I just didnt know where else it should go.

You might find the owners are reluctant to share their commercial secrets with others and now may well be looking to establish a warwickshire forum themselves ;)

Ive often wondered why some forums are successful and others pack up after a while. It cannot be just the posters, as the same ones frequent different forums.

I can only put it down to two things. Good Moderators and an excellent page layout, right from logging in, which makes it easy to go to different sections of SF. Wonder what other posters think?

Just to point out that there's no such thing as Warwickshire Castle, it's Warwick Castle.

I reckon that a county-wide forum wouldn't be so successful anyway - there are quite a few relatively large towns in Warwickshire (bits of Birmingham, Coventry, Nuneaton, Warwick, Kenilworth, Rugby) as well as some very rural bits. In the same way that I don't think Sheffield forum would have been so good if it covered all of South Yorkshire.

Ive often wondered why some forums are successful and others pack up after a while. It cannot be just the posters, as the same ones frequent different forums.

I can only put it down to two things. Good Moderators and an excellent page layout, right from logging in, which makes it easy to go to different sections of SF. Wonder what other posters think?

The page layout I think makes it easy, I've looked at other forums but being a bit :loopy: they seemed hard to follow , I've never joined another forum, don't have time, but looking at them they do seem confusing especially when they have those giant Avatars that take away from the post, Oh! I did join the other forum in Sheffield one for a day but got told off before I did another post :hihi:..anyhow they've gone and I'm still here.

The page layout I think makes it easy, I've looked at other forums but being a bit :loopy: they seemed hard to follow , I've never joined another forum, don't have time, but looking at them they do seem confusing especially when they have those giant Avatars that take away from the post, Oh! I did join the other forum in Sheffield one for a day but got told off before I did another post :hihi:..anyhow they've gone and I'm still here.

No they aint... still going strong

Archived