Mcdonalds parking fine!

Of all these people telling the OP not to pay, to ignore the letters, have you actually had a ticket and done that?

Saying ignore it and actually ignring it are 2 different things.

Yep I have, had the letters from whites solicitors and the phone calls, just blanked them and nothing happened.

the letter was sent with all the information of me as the registered keeper and details of my car stated, it also says there is 'photographic evidence' could this cause me a problem if i was to say i wasnt driving the car??? or to jus ignore the letter??

the letter was sent with all the information of me as the registered keeper and details of my car stated, it also says there is 'photographic evidence' could this cause me a problem if i was to say i wasnt driving the car??? or to jus ignore the letter??

They can get this info from DVLA im sure anyone can get this info without to much effort. If you contact them in anyway they will pester you to pay and threaten you will scary looking letters if you ignore it they will just get bored and move onto the next sucker who will pay. Also remember this they are running a bussiness so the more it costs them to inforce a invoice the less they make!

Of all these people telling the OP not to pay, to ignore the letters, have you actually had a ticket and done that?

Saying ignore it and actually ignring it are 2 different things.

Yes i took the advice and havnt heard a peep out of them..

Whilst I appreciate the fact that they might be hacked off by all the non-customers parking there, whenever a business decides to implement a 'system' that is so simplistic that it in turn hacks off genuine customers, and some of them might decide not to return, then it is a business decision.

It's a thorny one milquetoast, many seem to believe that since these 'fines' are unenforceable then there's nothing to stop them parking their vehicles on private land. Obviously in the OP's case they have a perfectly reasonable excuse to have exceeded the 2 hour parking restriction. But what about the others who park there without using the restaurant?

If it's the restaurant I'm thinking of on the Kingsway, I've visited before and the car park has often been heaving with vehicles, yet the restaurant half empty and the petrol station not particularly busy, so clearly legitimate customers are unable to park whilst others abuse it.

Maybe if the OP had actually seen the signs in the car park - they're not there for decoration, so maybe the OP should have read them - and spoke to the manager, perhaps the manager would have wrote something onto headed notepaper to put in the car.

Maybe if the manager had actually seen his/her customers enjoying a birthday party in his/her establishment - they're not there for decoration, so maybe the manager should have noticed them - and spoke to the customers, perhaps the manager would have wrote something onto headed notepaper to put in the car.

It works both ways doesn't it.

Maybe I just have an unnaturally high empathy for others, but I can fully understand why some people might not notice the signs. We are all on guard to look out for warnings when we are in unfamiliar circumstances, but when parking in a car-park supplied specifically for customers I can understand why people might not take notice. It's easy to be pedantic and say it's the customer's fault, but if genuine customers are being sent threatening letters that could make them ex-customers, then I maintain that the business decision is a poor one.

Oh, and there's no doubt that McDonalds don't want their customers inadvertently being threatened, even if they do stay over the 2 hours, here's what they had to say to another customer in some nonsense 'story' in the Sheffield Star recently:

"We're very sorry to hear of Carly's morning sickness and totally understand she needs longer to eat at McDonald's at the moment. If she had been in the restaurant, she would have been able to tell a member of staff she needed more time. We'd have ensured she didn't get a parking ticket".

So it seems like an acknowledgement that genuine customers can park for as long as they are customers, and sensible businesses don't usually send their customers threatening letters. And that observation applies to McDonalds and all the other businesses that employ sharks to manage their parking problem rather than manage it themselves.

Archived