Mcdonalds parking fine!

It's a thorny one milquetoast, many seem to believe that since these 'fines' are unenforceable then there's nothing to stop them parking their vehicles on private land. Obviously in the OP's case they have a perfectly reasonable excuse to have exceeded the 2 hour parking restriction. But what about the others who park there without using the restaurant?

If it's the restaurant I'm thinking of on the Kingsway, I've visited before and the car park has often been heaving with vehicles, yet the restaurant half empty and the petrol station not particularly busy, so clearly legitimate customers are unable to park whilst others abuse it.

It is indeed a thorny one, but one best managed by the business themselves imho.

Besides, who is more likely to understand the law and ignore the threats and not be stressed by them, the persistent abuser who uses the car-park as his/her own, or the casual customer?

Why not introduce a parking meter with high charges after the first hour, but the first hour is free? I like the way Decathlon manage this. Or an exit barrier, where the only way to obtain the code is to be a customer? I like the way that many hotels and leisure centres operate this.

Could it be cost, or simply lazy management? I suspect so, and because of this I have little respect for the businesses that employ sharks to issue threats to their customers.

Why not introduce a parking meter with high charges after the first hour, but the first hour is free? I like the way Decathlon manage this. Or a exit barrier, where the only way to obtain the code is to be a customer? I like the way that many hotels and leisure centres operate this.

I recall we were in agreement about this as a solution for the Berkeley Precinct parking problem mq, but if I remember right the layout of this carpark in Derby would make a barrier difficult as it's on the same site as a petrol station. The one hour free parking also would present problems since the post 1 hour parkers know they don't have to take any notice of a 'fine' subsequently issued.

So you dont mind feeding them pre-cooked, microwaved meals then? Make your mind up!

dont go to those chain pubs that have 2 for 1s that are microwaved. I know the pubs i used are all home cooked and not microwaved food. more expensive yes but much better quality, and many times better than a cackdonalds

Daftlads name tells you a lot about him, so pay no attention to him and his trolling.

As you have been told, don't pay, don't do anything except bin the letters.

im not trolling fruitcake, just stating that i dont understand why people eat a cackdonalds and if they are feeding a 1year old such unhealthy stuff, then she should be done for child abuse

im not trolling fruitcake, just stating that i dont understand why people eat a cackdonalds and if they are feeding a 1year old such unhealthy stuff, then she should be done for child abuse

Then accept my apologies simplelad;)

I think it was just the manner in which you responded. I think if Macdonalds are treats it is fine but when they become a regular treat its a bad thing. Everything in moderation, except single malt whisky.

I recall we were in agreement about this as a solution for the Berkeley Precinct parking problem mq, but if I remember right the layout of this carpark in Derby would make a barrier difficult as it's on the same site as a petrol station. The one hour free parking also would present problems since the post 1 hour parkers know they don't have to take any notice of a 'fine' subsequently issued.

Funny, I don't recall talking about this subject before at all ... ever.

:huh:

Definitely a 'senior moment'. Question is, is it you or me that's being senior?

:hihi:

Archived