Travelling in First Class to London

If you would rather travel with the "riffraff", screaming and shouting, with their phones on full volume, drinking cheap lager and throwing rubbish everywhere for 2 hours, then thats fine.

I'd rather not.

It's not being a snob to want a quiet, pleasant journey.

There is definitely a much higher percentage of "riff raff" in standard. If the other poster is disagreeing they have never been on a train.

They may just be annoyed at your use of the term "riff raff"

Me I like looking longingly into first class whilst sitting in the corridor between the seating areas. Less comfortable but generally no riff raff! and no fricking headphone noise.

If you would rather travel with the "riffraff", screaming and shouting, with their phones on full volume, drinking cheap lager and throwing rubbish everywhere for 2 hours, then thats fine.

I'd rather not.

It's not being a snob to want a quiet, pleasant journey.

I guess you don't use the London train very often.

Standard class in the morning is generally full of people commuting to work, sometimes on their mobile, but mostly quiet, drinking only coffee or tea and not throwing anything anywhere.

1st is much the same, but with more space and less people and table service.

Archived