Have or do go purposely cycling at night / early mornin?

Is this because you perceive it to be safer - or just because you tend to be awake and active at 3am?

Obviously there are far less cars about in the dead of night, but it occurs to me that the ones which are about, are probably not expecting to see any cyclists and might not be prepared for suddenly coming up to one.

Yes :)

I've also been stopped a few times - auto theft, house burglary... But never bike burglary!?

Oh, and by the way - you are an odd ball.

*performs secret hand shake*

Ahh so you're one of the 'others'

The Police handled it well, they didn't accuse or try to frame me for anything, they just spoke to me and thought it was tyreing to go cycling at night, It's just that I never tyre and was geared up for the ride.

Is this because you perceive it to be safer - or just because you tend to be awake and active at 3am?

Obviously there are far less cars about in the dead of night, but it occurs to me that the ones which are about, are probably not expecting to see any cyclists and might not be prepared for suddenly coming up to one.

I just love it! So do set my alarm purposely and go to back sleep afterwards, I love the freedom of having the whole city to yourself, the tranquility, seeing foxes, sometimes badgers! clean fresh air, no pedestrians, few cars but they're mostly taxis which you can hear them from miles away.

Unless you're woman i'd say most should 'try' it at least once.

Archived