Car insurance query

my friend was hit from behind by a driver,

he was shunted into another car and damaged it,

does the driver who was shunted ,have to pay for the car he was shunted into

or is the driver who hit my friend liable for both?

thanx:confused:

its always the one behind thats in the wrong, so in this case the 1 that hit ya friend is 2 pay 4 ya friends car, an ya friend is 2 pay 4 the car they hit.....

annoying i no but the way they look at it is ya friend was 2 close 2 the car infront.:mad:

its always the one behind thats in the wrong, so in this case the 1 that hit ya friend is 2 pay 4 ya friends car, an ya friend is 2 pay 4 the car they hit.....

annoying i no but the way they look at it is ya friend was 2 close 2 the car infront.:mad:

Completely and utterly wrong !! What garbage advice !!

The one who caused the accident is the one who ran into the back of your friend and that person is responsible for all damage caused as a result.

The one who caused the accident is the one who ran into the back of your friend and that person is responsible for all damage caused as a result.

I agree,As I know someone who had to fork out for it all, because he went into someone and cause a 3 car accident.Serves him right really.:hihi:

my friend was hit from behind by a driver,

he was shunted into another car and damaged it,

does the driver who was shunted ,have to pay for the car he was shunted into

or is the driver who hit my friend liable for both?

thanx:confused:

The insurance company will probably try to say that your friend hit the car in front, and then the car behind hit your friend. They will ask the driver of the car at the front whether they felt two bangs or one, as in the billiard ball effect.

Its actually true... then the insurance companies will sort the blame out and recoup their costs from first driver. It's called "Proximate Cause"

Your friend will be held responsible for the damage to the car in front until the matter is resolved.

my friend was in a pile up a couple of years ago, one car went into back of someone then someione in to back of him and so on for about 4 cars (all their own faults really as clearly they were driving to close/not paying attention to pile up happening ahead of them). As she was the last car to hit she was responsible for paying for all the cars involved - nightmare for her, but let off for everyone in front of her!!

Archived