Annoying Fog Light users!!

It annoys me too. I've never driven a car that doesn't have a large orange light on the dashboard to tell you your rear fogs are on.

People driving around with front fogs on are just as annoying.

Interestingly my mate was pulled over for having his front fogs on like you daveyt2 - he'd been driving across country with mist rolling in off the fields and forgot they were on. He is a perfectly respectable looking chap who was driving an 18 month old Corolla - i.r otherwise complely unremarkable. And yet I see people driving knackered old BMWs with front fogs on all the time, and I've never seen any of them get stopped.

On my car, when switching on the headlights, it's quite easy to turn on the fog lights at the same time without realising. I've got used to this but still check the dash display automatically. Perhaps folk driving new or unfamiliar cars don't notice.

Is it a Ford by any chance? My Mondeo mk2 is like this - if you pull the lights knob out a tiny bit (it doesn't take much effort) the fogs come on.

As you say though - there is a large and obvious light on the dashboard to tell you they are on. If people don't see that, they're not observant enough to share a road with me :-)

I was driving home other night in the rain and was on eccy road, there was a car on the otherside with full fogs on blinding everyone else, and the traffic cops were in front of me they didnt even do anything!

Last year I got pulled and fined £35 for dangerous driving for having my front fogs. I accidently turned them on whilst indicating off a roundabout, and my bad luck there was a police car right on front of me!

I dont understand how people can blatently get away with it, and I got a fine for doing it accidental.

I was driving home other night in the rain and was on eccy road, there was a car on the otherside with full fogs on blinding everyone else, and the traffic cops were in front of me they didnt even do anything!

Last year I got pulled and fined £35 for dangerous driving for having my front fogs. I accidently turned them on whilst indicating off a roundabout, and my bad luck there was a police car right on front of me!

I dont understand how people can blatently get away with it, and I got a fine for doing it accidental.

Because the law is inconsistently applied, which is why people have less respect for it and the police than they used too - like me getting 3 points / £60 fine for doing 90 on a quiet motorway when people get away with higher speeds all the time. If you're an easy target, you get targeted.

driving with your fogs (when not needed) doesn't make your car look cool it makes you look like a sad git. One thing id like police to take tougher line on is all these lamers driving around with front fogs only on, now they defo haven't done that by accident.

These are the drivers who annoy me the most and like you say it's not by accident!

Archived