Annoying Fog Light users!!

I didn't realise the police could stop you for having them on...maybe i should report every idiot who does this:hihi:

I always give the people who have them on, a good full beam blind, see how they like it:D

Multipla main beam is enough to melt your retinas because the main beam lights are so high up on the broken nose bit under the windscreen.

Such a shame it's dangerous for me to use them to warn people that their lights are on ...

Why do people insist on using there fog lights whne it isnt even foggy????

I drive over the snake pass everyday and this really winds me up:mad:

Anyone else or just me.........

It's not just you, they seem to be on even when visibility is down to ohh... a couple of miles. The slightest bit of mist or rain and on they come, even when they must clearly be able to see you behind them, and know fogs can't possibly be required.

Front foglights wind me up also, a couple of nights ago I saw someone with no front headlights working at all, whizzing down the M1 at 90mph using their front fogs to see!

The age of common sense is no more.

It annoys me too. I've never driven a car that doesn't have a large orange light on the dashboard to tell you your rear fogs are on.

People driving around with front fogs on are just as annoying.

Interestingly my mate was pulled over for having his front fogs on like you daveyt2 - he'd been driving across country with mist rolling in off the fields and forgot they were on. He is a perfectly respectable looking chap who was driving an 18 month old Corolla - i.r otherwise complely unremarkable. And yet I see people driving knackered old BMWs with front fogs on all the time, and I've never seen any of them get stopped.

Front fog lights?do you mean spot lights?that help you see really well on roads that are pitch black like.........................well the snake pass.

Front fog lights?do you mean spot lights?that help you see really well on roads that are pitch black like.........................well the snake pass.

There are driving lights that can be as bright as you like as long as they are wired in to the same switch as your main beam, which is what you should be using on dark roads, when no-one is coming the other way.

And then there are fog lights, which are fog lights, for use in fog. They generally have a separate switch, and illuminate the wrong part of the road to be much when travelling at speed - they light up low down and close to the car, so you can see the kerb and so on.

The M18 is particularly bad for it this time of year.

A neighbour of mine drives about constantly with his fog lights on even in daylight. He has an Astra, on which he has taken the badges off (what does that tell you??) ... reckons it makes him look cool ... WTF, what a muppet.

A neighbour of mine drives about constantly with his fog lights on even in daylight. He has an Astra, on which he has taken the badges off (what does that tell you??) ... reckons it makes him look cool ... WTF, what a muppet.

A hammer would soon sort that little problem :)

And then there are fog lights, which are fog lights, for use in fog. They generally have a separate switch, and illuminate the wrong part of the road to be much when travelling at speed - they light up low down and close to the car, so you can see the kerb and so on.

Just to add to my own post - front fog lights add nothing to your ability to see in good visibility. I tried it up in Scotland in the winter.

They are mounted low down to add extra light when the fog simply reflects back your normal lights.

When there is no fog, they add nothing to main beam, and very little to dipped beam in terms of visibility.

IMHO people who use them when it isn't foggy are some or all of not very observant, thoughtless, ignorant, or labouring under the impression that people might be impressed enough that their car has front fogs that they would consider sleeping with them.

That he's embarrassed to own an Astra?

There are driving lights that can be as bright as you like as long as they are wired in to the same switch as your main beam, which is what you should be using on dark roads, when no-one is coming the other way.

Ok, but you can still use fog/spot lights on really dark roads,fog or no fog.Yes/No? legally

Archived