Annoying Fog Light users!!

Part of the problem is bad design though. I've driven plenty of cars where the fog light switch isn't integrated with the general light switches. This makes it easy to forget that your fog lights are on. Unless you switch them off, they come back on next time you use the lights.

To operate the fogs on my current car, you have to pull the headlight switch. This operation is automatically reversed when you switch the lights off. No more accidental fog lights for me.

I've had five cars with fog light switches that are not integrated into the main light switch. Without exception they've all had a warning light to tell you they are on, and they have all turned the fog lights off with the ignition - ie you have to turn them on every time you start the car. There is no excuse!

I've had five cars with fog light switches that are not integrated into the main light switch. Without exception they've all had a warning light to tell you they are on, and they have all turned the fog lights off with the ignition - ie you have to turn them on every time you start the car. There is no excuse!

I've driven plenty of cars where the fog lights stay activated until you deactivate them. That is poor design.

Having said that, the big orange light on the dash is a pretty good clue:)

I don't think anyone needs front fog lights these days. They harken back to an era when headlights really weren't that powerful, and you needed the extra penetration in bad conditions.

These days headlights are like lasers, and light up the road like a Christmas tree, so front fog lights aren't necessary.

ok,i was just clarifying, as i wasnt sure legally if i could use my spot lights (which is what my car manual says they are).I use them on dark roads only, which are much better than headlights.

Are these "spot lights" below the bumper and are they connected to your main beam dip switch?

Archived