When is someone going to do something about these thieving parasites?

When is someone going to do something about these thieving parasites?

I cannot believe the cheek of these people. I'm having my kitchen redecorated and a number of appliances have been placed in the driveway for a few hours. Fortunately the decorators van was half blocking the drive, but still the "scrap men" spotted the stuff. Fortunately trying to get my nearly new washing machine past a parked Transit van alerted the decorators who saw off the theiving parasites.

When is someone going to stop these folks from operating. If people need scrap removing they are quite capable of making a phone call.

I agree. This has gone on for months now with report after report of people having things taken from off their property without permission.

Does anyone have any evidence of anything actually been done to stop them? It may have happened, but if so, it has passed me by.

It is indeed sad that now the decorators have gone for lunch I've felt the need to pull my car back up the driveway in order to prevent the next wave of thieving scumbags from walking off with my fully stocked fridge and claiming they thought it was scrap.

They did - at the moment they laid hands on the item and started to move it they had committed theft.

"A person shall be guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it." - theft act 1968.

As soon as they moved it they had appropriated it and all the tests for theft were met. Have you called the police - new units hold fingerprints well....

Archived