When is someone going to do something about these thieving parasites?

I knew about that case but didn't know it was coming to court today. Interesting result.
It certainly is, didn't Richard Madeley also use the 'absent minded' defence when he was accused of taking wine that he hadn't paid for from a supermarket?

Of course, it's perfectly possible that you could have something in your trolley that you accidentally leave the shop without paying for, although it seems convictions for such incidents are hard to come by.

I wonder what the outcome would be if the defendants weren't middle class professionals or television celebrities?

It certainly is, didn't Richard Madeley also use the 'absent minded' defence when he was accused of taking wine that he hadn't paid for from a supermarket?

Of course, it's perfectly possible that you could have something in your trolley that you accidentally leave the shop without paying for, although it seems convictions for such incidents are hard to come by.

I wonder what the outcome would be if the defendants weren't middle class professionals or television celebrities?

Well when it appears before the bench they are entitled to take that sort of thing into account. A busy TV exec/presenter is more liable to be absent minded, and less likely to be unable to pay so that can and does get allowed for. Is that fair? I think it is, as long as they are allowing for the fact that they may well be absent minded and not just because they are a high flier - if a busy social worker for example did the same you would expect them to be treated the same way as well.

Well when it appears before the bench they are entitled to take that sort of thing into account. A busy TV exec/presenter is more liable to be absent minded, and less likely to be unable to pay so that can and does get allowed for. Is that fair? I think it is, as long as they are allowing for the fact that they may well be absent minded and not just because they are a high flier - if a busy social worker for example did the same you would expect them to be treated the same way as well.

The juvenile delinquent may be well advised to regale the beak with his tales of being 'off his head' when he stole a tin of Lynx and some baby wipes from Poundland ;)

I know - and that's what I've been saying all along. The trouble is there are so many closed minded fools on here that will insist black is white because they have always thought that and don't like it being pointed out. It's one of the reasons I left Sheffield in the first place.

I knew about that case but didn't know it was coming to court today. Interesting result.

Wonder if oldprune would like to retract their previous comments....

ok. I'll have a bit of this.

The case in BFs link is of a person LEAVING a supermarket with goods concealed beneath her bag. You claimed to have case law for someone being prosecuted for putting a pack of Corn Flakes in their shopping trolley but not leaving the store.

Come on then. Provide a link. I know you can't. You know you can't, and we all know that you are a bullshipper.

Come on make everyon'e day. Prove me wrong.

Yawn. I never claimed for a packet of corn flakes my dear boy. I merely said you could if the circumstances warranted it. However I rather thing since I have given you chapter and verse as to when the offence is committed it's up to you disprove it - whining and puling like a spolit lil brat is not the way however.

Come back when you are in a better frame of mind and try to stop devouring your own liver you will feel so much better for it. Lif's to short to get so worked up.

Yawn. I never claimed for a packet of corn flakes my dear boy. I merely said you could if the circumstances warranted it. However I rather thing since I have given you chapter and verse as to when the offence is committed it's up to you disprove it - whining and puling like a spolit lil brat is not the way however.

Come back when you are in a better frame of mind and try to stop devouring your own liver you will feel so much better for it. Lif's to short to get so worked up.

Easy. I have never seen a case where someone has been prosecuted for pushing a trolley of shopping WITHIN a supermarket. Here are the links to all those cases.....

NONE

That is because there is no such case.

Yes you did claim that. I have linked your post already but I am happy to do it again if you insist on playing to the audience.

You are nothing but a bullshipper. Prove me wrong provide a link to this mythical case.

Archived