When is someone going to do something about these thieving parasites?

I cannot believe the cheek of these people. I'm having my kitchen redecorated and a number of appliances have been placed in the driveway for a few hours. Fortunately the decorators van was half blocking the drive, but still the "scrap men" spotted the stuff. Fortunately trying to get my nearly new washing machine past a parked Transit van alerted the decorators who saw off the theiving parasites.

When is someone going to stop these folks from operating. If people need scrap removing they are quite capable of making a phone call.

Did these people come in a van? Perhaps they're driving around 'looking for loot' ?

Did these people come in a van? Perhaps they're driving around 'looking for loot' ?

They had a white Ford Transit pickup. They already had fridges and washing machines on board and weren't really the sort of folks you wanted to upset too much. I have a nice car parked in the driveway and would like it to stay that way.

I cannot believe the cheek of these people. I'm having my kitchen redecorated and a number of appliances have been placed in the driveway for a few hours. Fortunately the decorators van was half blocking the drive, but still the "scrap men" spotted the stuff. Fortunately trying to get my nearly new washing machine past a parked Transit van alerted the decorators who saw off the theiving parasites.

When is someone going to stop these folks from operating. If people need scrap removing they are quite capable of making a phone call.

I`ve been on here in exasperation about this before, and some chap came up with the brilliantly simple idea that all scrap yards should only be able to pay out by cheque, or direct into a bank account. That way everything should be traceable. Simple. I reckon it`d vastly decrease all this scrap theft.

I've been watching work being done at a large house across the road from where my OH lives. There are many trades working there and they meticulously clean up around the skip on the large grass verge where the large skip is provided for all of them. The driveway is swept every day jointly by these trades.

Wether it's legal or not, two flatbed old transits, normally with baby and slag on board park on the main road at least twice a day, hold up all the traffic whilst they pull scrap from the skip, leaving behind them a trail of attached rubbish all over the verge. This is surely a crime and the more upsetting thing is the 'couldn't give a toss' attitude shown by them. Skips aren't cheap and they're there to take rubbish away in a clean manner. What right have these scumbags got to cause so much disarray? I've had brand new rads stolen from my property whilst I took them off the wall and placed in the back yard to paint behind them (covered in the vacuum packaging)

Scum like these are thieves and they know it! :rant: (rant over)

Archived