When is someone going to do something about these thieving parasites?

Again you appear confused. Read what I said.

You commit theft when you take something with the intent to permanantly and dishonestly deprive someone of it. You could put it in youre trolley, you could hide it on your person, you could insert inside your babys cot it makes no odds, that is when the offence occurs, not when you leave the store.

I am not confused and quite capable of reading. Perhaps you should try doing the same.

In your post you were replying to foxy lady's post where she said

"If that was the case you could be done for shop lifting the moment that you put a packet of Corn Flakes in your supermarket trolley."

To which you replied

"you can".

You are indeed an idiot. So lets have less of the wriggling. It is quite clear to everyone that you do not have a clue what you are talking about.

In some ways the pikey-type scrap collectors serve a purpose, much as dung beetles do in the wild.

At work we refer to them as 'rats on wheels' and let them take reasonable quality scrap from our scrap bin as long as they also take the awkward stuff.

At home I do not accept them coming uninvited onto the drive, looking for what they can take without asking. When they do this my wife releases the two dogs, which have a combined weight of about 20 stones, and the pikeys vacate our property promptly.

In some ways the pikey-type scrap collectors serve a purpose, much as dung beetles do in the wild.

At work we refer to them as 'rats on wheels' and let them take reasonable quality scrap from our scrap bin as long as they also take the awkward stuff.

At home I do not accept them coming uninvited onto the drive, looking for what they can take without asking. When they do this my wife releases the two dogs, which have a combined weight of about 20 stones, and the pikeys vacate our property promptly.

I don't think David Attenborough would have used the comparison.

'In some ways dung beetles serve a purpose, much like pikey-type scrap collectors do in the wild'.

:D

I am not confused and quite capable of reading. Perhaps you should try doing the same.

In your post you were replying to foxy lady's post where she said

"If that was the case you could be done for shop lifting the moment that you put a packet of Corn Flakes in your supermarket trolley."

To which you replied

"you can".

You are indeed an idiot. So lets have less of the wriggling. It is quite clear to everyone that you do not have a clue what you are talking about.

And you still cannot understand what I wrote. You can indeed be prosecuted for theft if you put something in your trolley - if you intended to steal it then it's theft. There is case law to support this.

However since you clearly cannot debate without reorting to insults when you are faced with an argument you cannot understand I'll leave it there thanks - I have no desire to debate with people as illmannered and reactionary as you.

I don't think David Attenborough would have used the comparison.

'In some ways dung beetles serve a purpose, much like pikey-type scrap collectors do in the wild'.

:D

I agree I would say mor like hyaenas. Whilst they clean up the area, they take a lot of things that the owners actually wanted to hang on to.

And you still cannot understand what I wrote. You can indeed be prosecuted for theft if you put something in your trolley - if you intended to steal it then it's theft. There is case law to support this.

However since you clearly cannot debate without reorting to insults when you are faced with an argument you cannot understand I'll leave it there thanks - I have no desire to debate with people as illmannered and reactionary as you.

You are just someone who cannot admit when he is wrong. Only an idiot would claim that someone putting a pack of Corn Flakes into a supermarket trolley could be prosecuted without leaving the store. The idea is so preposterous as to be unworthy of debate. But as that is what you are claiming.. if the cap fits and all that.

You are just someone who cannot admit when he is wrong. Only an idiot would claim that someone putting a pack of Corn Flakes into a supermarket trolley could be prosecuted without leaving the store. The idea is so preposterous as to be unworthy of debate. But as that is what you are claiming.. if the cap fits and all that.

And you persist in your abuse.

There is case law that says otherwise. Go look it up - I can't be bothered doing the donkey work for a slack jawed dribbling fool like you ok? :hihi:

Again you appear confused. Read what I said.

You commit theft when you take something with the intent to permanantly and dishonestly deprive someone of it. You could put it in youre trolley, you could hide it on your person, you could insert inside your babys cot it makes no odds, that is when the offence occurs, not when you leave the store.

I think this case demonstrates the practical difficulties in establishing 'intent', even though your interpretation is correct-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-11732718

I think this case demonstrates the practical difficulties in establishing 'intent', even though your interpretation is correct-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-11732718

I know - and that's what I've been saying all along. The trouble is there are so many closed minded fools on here that will insist black is white because they have always thought that and don't like it being pointed out. It's one of the reasons I left Sheffield in the first place.

I knew about that case but didn't know it was coming to court today. Interesting result.

Wonder if oldprune would like to retract their previous comments....

I know - and that's what I've been saying all along. The trouble is there are so many closed minded fools on here that will insist black is white because they have always thought that and don't like it being pointed out. It's one of the reasons I left Sheffield in the first place.

I knew about that case but didn't know it was coming to court today. Interesting result.

I'm guessing you didn't decide to make Barnsley your new home? ;)

Archived