BBC Strikes for pensions

Is anybody else unable to understand what the NUJ are striking for? As I understand it most of the BBC didn't want to strike but the NUJ did, so they were out last Friday and will be out again next week. Its a bit rich when most of us are seeing our pensions going up the Swanney for these people who earn loads of money doing a nice cumfy job are going on strike.

I didnt really notice it last week, as the only BBC i heard on Friday was Radio Sheffield which wasnt affected, but I read today that they are all falling out at radio 4.

I also read that they could be on strike for a week over Christmas??

Who do these people think they are. We pay for them to be able to retire at 60 on a full final salary pensiion. Do they think they are not part of the current financial meltdown?

I would love one of them to tell me what they earn for their hours and compare it to most Sheffielders. I dont think people would be on their side then.

You strike over a principle not how good you have it over other people. We don't live in a communist society so everyone has differing terms and conditions so some will always be above others. Should they never strike in that case?

Archived