How can i remove carpet protector from laminate floor!!

My partner stupidly put carpet protector film down on our new laminate and its inpossible to remove! if i peel it it just comes off in small bits i'd be there forever. Is their a product i can use or some clever way other than torture peelin:( ive tried a scraper and no use its proper stuck it lifts the floor its stuck so well. Any ideas would be fantastic:help::help:

My partner stupidly put carpet protector film down on our new laminate and its inpossible to remove! if i peel it it just comes off in small bits i'd be there forever. Is their a product i can use or some clever way other than torture peelin:( ive tried a scraper and no use its proper stuck it lifts the floor its stuck so well. Any ideas would be fantastic:help::help:

I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but (just being nosy), do you mind me asking why he did that?

get your partner on his knees with a clean dry cloth.....

run a floor steam cleaner over the area - don't let it stop in one place for long!

this will soften the adhesive and should allow you to lift the film.

you can get plastic pan scrapers which may avoid every finger nail from being broken during the lifting process when you try to get under the edge of the plastic.

use the cloth to wipe away the sticky bits before they cool.

if there's a sticky residue, use alcohol or meths and then clean that off with a dampened cloth.

Test this on a very small area first to ensure you don't damage the flooring.

Good luck.

Archived