Attercliffe - Do you remember Ambley Road?

hchristian

whitebike.

No disrespect to uncle Jack, he was brilliant at his job but hardly ever mixed at work, it was the lads he worked with that called him laughing jack cos he was intent on doing a good job. Hecould make that keiller talk to him!

I worked at River Don when Jack was alive.

Nice to know you`r alive and kicking.

Cousin Frank.

whitebike.

No disrespect to uncle jack, he was brilliant at his job but hardly ever mixed at work, it was the lads he worked with that called him laughing jack cos he was intent on doing a good job. Hecould make that keiller talk to him!

I worked at river don when jack was alive.

Nice to know you`r alive and kicking.

Cousin frank.

that must have been why they pinched all his tools and things when he died friends i dont think so .

• 1 month later...

My Gran and Granddad lived on Amberley Rd opposite the road going up to Carbrook wreck.Their name was Baker and my half brother Don Webster lived with them.he had polio as a kid and walked with a severe limp. Also living there was Uncle Bill but everyone new him as "Son" or "Sonny".Don went to work as a butcher at Olivers, right opposite Banners.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody does anybody remember sid callligan who lived in steadfast street and does anybody know where he may live now he went to live up wincobank some years ago and we have lost touch with him .

---------- Post added 30-12-2012 at 18:08 ----------

WE USED TO HAVE TO WALK DOWN TO THE GAS WORKS ON UPWELL STREET TO FETCH COKES IN A PRAM AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK AND IT WAS BLOODY HARD WORK ,PUSHING THAT PRAM ALL THE WAY THERE AND BACK TO AMBERLEY STREET. WE ALSO FETCHED BEER IN 2 JUGS FOR 2 OLD LADIES IE MRS ALLET and MRS WALKER MINED YOU WE DID GET A PENNY FOR GOING . L.O.Lhttp://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/images/smilies/hihi.gif