Are you wearing a poppy this Rememberance day?

Will you be wearing a poppy tomorrow?

If not, why not?

I know that John Snow is a prolific non-poppy-wearer. He blames "poppy facism".

I have family in the forces, currently serving in Afghanistan, but I was always brought up to regard the poppy as a symbol of the government's failure to support troops after war, and I feel a bit conflicted.

Love to hear some thoughts on this!

I'll be sporting one, my car sports one all year round, and I'll be laying a poppy up at the site of the WWI training trenches dug by Sheffield City Battalion this week.

To me, our troops deserve our respect and support as they are not political - they are pawns who do as they are instructed by the Government at the time, and therefore should not be punished for being involved in action which we, the public, may disapprove of.

Our troops have no say in where they go to fight and sometimes die.

There ya go, that's my two-penneth! xxx

I do not always wear my poppy but always donate to the British Legion and try if possible to observe the 2 minute silence while at work.

I can understand John Snow's point of view, just because you do not wear a symbol of your donation it does not mean you do not care.

Unfortunately with so many good causes nowadays it does sometimes lead to so called "charity fatique", and some charity collectors are overly pushy though I must say I have never had that from the British Legion collectors

Where have the trenches been dug as I would like to visit them

Will you be wearing a poppy tomorrow?

If not, why not?

I know that John Snow is a prolific non-poppy-wearer. He blames "poppy facism".

I have family in the forces, currently serving in Afghanistan, but I was always brought up to regard the poppy as a symbol of the government's failure to support troops after war, and I feel a bit conflicted.

Love to hear some thoughts on this!

Jon Snow wears a poppy off screen.

Archived