Are you wearing a poppy this Rememberance day?

The Veterans of Foreign Wars place small flags on the graves of veterans at our local cemetery. A nice touch I think

Also nice to think that our soldiers are supported and welcomed home these days

The US and British flags are flying from my front porch

I have worn my poppy as always and due to straightened circumstances only paid a fiver for it this year.

If you can afford a bit more than a fiver then it would be a very decent thing to give a bit more. Talking to collectors it seems most people give a pound or less and that's to my mind being a tad tight for an annual collection that only collects two weeks in the year.

I see some of the stupid muslims were burning poppys and waving banners yesterday.

Why do these morons do it? don't they realise that good muslims don't think highly of them!

Idiots like this >

so passionate about his campaign and mission, that he has to read the words from a piece of paper? brillant....:suspect:

And you just know he'll go back to his day job tomorrow, where he's called Nigel and works in a call centre... Happy to take the dirty Western dollar when it suits him!

No he won't he'll be drawing his benefits and living in the country he hates so much he burns the flag.

Can you be prosecuted for burning the Bible or the Koran in this country.

I haven't a clue on this one.

mean neither....mind you i'm off to london early hours sunday...to pay my respects in person...hope they dont turn up....it could get messy....mind you if they hate us so much why stay...could easily accomadate them on a little island of cuba...for a nice spot of waterboarding

I have worn my poppy as always and due to straightened circumstances only paid a fiver for it this year.

If you can afford a bit more than a fiver then it would be a very decent thing to give a bit more. Talking to collectors it seems most people give a pound or less and that's to my mind being a tad tight for an annual collection that only collects two weeks in the year.

I donated £12 for my car poppy, a fabric poppy with a wire stem, a standard small poppy, and a car sticker, and I did it with peace and love in my heart xxx

Archived