Are you wearing a poppy this Rememberance day?

The wearing of a poppy shows our gratitude and respect for those who have served our country in wars and conflicts over the years. There are many who have died or been badly maimed at an early age and because of their sacrifice I do not consider it too much of an effort to give a small amount or wear a poppy to show respect for them.

We may not always agree with the conficts our troops are killed or injuried in but it is the government, which we have elected, that decide to involve our armed forces in them so complain to the elected members of parliament and not the soldiers.

Rudyard Kiplings peom "Tommy" clarifies many things about some of the public and the armed forces.

Can I be a real pedant and say that wearing the poppy is insignificant overall. It's a gesture, which is nice, but gestures don't help a man with no legs get in and out of bed. It is the donation to charity that shows our gratitude.

I have always supported the British Legion, but I don't always wear a poppy. I put it on my coat, but if I wear something different then I'd hate to be patronised or guilt-tripped because of it. A £10 donation is worth more than £1 and a lot of moral posturing.

and very little on the news I wonder why ,nobody got arrested either I would have thought "British troops burn in hell" warranted a charge of inciting racial hatred

Same old same old! Because muslims pull the racist card and this country cant deal with it, they are frightened to death! They would rather arrest white british racists/fascists than muslim racists/fascists!

2 wrongs might not make a right but i would quite happily burn a quran in the face of someone burning a poppy!!

If they burn a poppy in this country they should be sent out of the country on a boat with a hole in it!!! Absolute barstewards!!!

Lets see if my comment gets banned!!

What i want to call them and what they deserve to be called i know the mods wont allow so i will refrain!!

Same old same old! Because muslims pull the racist card and this country cant deal with it, they are frightened to death! They would rather arrest white british racists/fascists than muslim racists/fascists!

2 wrongs might not make a right but i would quite happily burn a quran in the face of someone burning a poppy!!

If they burn a poppy in this country they should be sent out of the country on a boat with a hole in it!!! Absolute barstewards!!!

Lets see if my comment gets banned!!

What i want to call them and what they deserve to be called i know the mods wont allow so i will refrain!!

Your ignorance is showing yet again.

A quran is a holy book not a Poppy or it's equivalent. Whilst poppy burning is unpleasant we do have free will in this country and these idiots do not detract from that.

They are on the same level as the EDL and it's ilk. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Archived