Are you wearing a poppy this Rememberance day?

Your ignorance is showing yet again.

A quran is a holy book not a Poppy or it's equivalent. Whilst poppy burning is unpleasant we do have free will in this country and these idiots do not detract from that.

They are on the same level as the EDL and it's ilk. Two wrongs don't make a right.

But the poppy represents fact and is way more important to the vast majority in this nation, burning the poppy offends millions more in this nation than burning a minor religious book. While such acts as burning a poppy bible or Koran disgust me. In terms of offending this nation, burning a poppy does way more harm and offense. At the very least both acts should be treated equally under the law.

But the poppy represents fact and is way more important to the vast majority in this nation, burning the poppy offends millions more in this nation than burning a minor religious book. While such acts as burning a poppy bible or Koran disgust me. In terms of offending this nation, burning a poppy does way more harm and offense. At the very least both acts should be treated equally under the law.

The poppy is symbolic of the dead and has been for hundreds of years, it's not a representation of wars as such. The act of burning it is thoughtless but meaningless and the best form of offence is to ignore them and not make it yet another excuse to rally hate.

The poppy is symbolic of the dead and has been for hundreds of years, it's not a representation of wars as such. The act of burning it is thoughtless but meaningless and the best form of offence is to ignore them and not make it yet another excuse to rally hate.

First used in remembrance of war dead in 1920.

Can I be a real pedant and say that wearing the poppy is insignificant overall. It's a gesture, which is nice, but gestures don't help a man with no legs get in and out of bed. It is the donation to charity that shows our gratitude.

I have always supported the British Legion, but I don't always wear a poppy. I put it on my coat, but if I wear something different then I'd hate to be patronised or guilt-tripped because of it. A £10 donation is worth more than £1 and a lot of moral posturing.

I agree.

Men/women didn't die in order for those that survived to be ridiculed on a moral level, they died in order for the freedom to think for ones self on an individual level.

If I wear x2 poppies can I claim the high ground x2 over those that only wear one? and if anyone disagrees can I thump them...or go to war over it. No wonder we have wars.

Wearing a £1 poppy says no more or less than someone who doesn't that donates a hundred times as much. Personally it's what's in the head, not on my lapel.

Are you wearing a poppy this Rememberance day?

I stopped buying them when I left school as I had got sick and tired of feeling forced to purchase them during my school years.

If you dont want to wear one thats ok, nothing should feel forced. Doesnt mean your anyless respectful.

Archived