Are you wearing a poppy this Rememberance day?

No im not wearing cos I dont believe in war/ soldiers etc

This is something I sometimes get told when I'm collecting for the Poppy Appeal.

We don't believe in war either, but do you seriously think that we should have no soldiers, and just open our borders to any enemy who cared to waltz in?

It's because of the people that you refuse to donate to that you're not having charities rammed down your throat in German. I'm not one for charities on a full scale but this is one that anyone that was born in this country and calls themself british should take at the very least a £1 from their pocket to give...

Make me sick....

Your response backs up what I said you're saying I'm lucky to have the choice wether to wear a poppy or not yet you and many others are villifying me for not wearing one and kind of making my "choice" a difficult one

The actual choice I have is 1) buy one 2) not buy one and feel the scorn of idiots like you.

I don't feel the need to advertise my thoughts and feelings in such a public way.

I happily donate to the British Legion and observed the two minutes silence, but I don't wear a poppy

I am fully respectful of the sacrifices made by others which have enabled me to live the life I have but I don't need to show this by wearing a poppy

Why not? It's not about showing off; It's about showing respect. I'm sure there are people like me who are cheered up when they see others sporting a poppy.

I show respect by donating,standing quietly and observing Rememberance Day celebrations.

If people are small minded enough to form an opinion on a poppy or not then thats not my issue.

I see people wearing it and often think media/peer pressure.

I show respect by donating,standing quietly and observing Rememberance Day celebrations.

If people are small minded enough to form an opinion on a poppy or not then thats not my issue.

I see people wearing it and often think media/peer pressure.

I appreciate your point, but it is possible to want to do something popular without being a mindless sheep.

Archived