Are you wearing a poppy this Rememberance day?

My aunty was in central london today with her father in law with their poppys. Was a nice morning until it was spoilt by muslim protestors who burnt poppys. But they ignores thwm and tried to concentrate on why they were there, must have been difficult though!

I wear a poppy and have a sticker on the pram.

Will there be anyyhing happening in town this sunday? :)

there must be a more appropriate way of tackling situations rather than invading a country that has 'weapons of mass destruction' for example, which they didn't.

We dont need to get into a debate about whether its right or not its just my prerogative.

If you don't want to get into a debate about the rights or wrongs, why did you start it?

Anyway, why must there be more appropriate ways? Not necessarily. Perhaps, perhaps not, but why say it? And why say it on this thread?

Every war is political to some extent, and there are always people who agree/don't agree.

But the wearing of a Poppy is not about politics, it's about supporting the soldiers, not the politicians. Don't confuse the two.

My aunty was in central london today with her father in law with their poppys. Was a nice morning until it was spoilt by muslim protestors who burnt poppys. But they ignores thwm and tried to concentrate on why they were there, must have been difficult though!

I wear a poppy and have a sticker on the pram.

Will there be anyyhing happening in town this sunday? :)

They burn poppies but try burning one of ther Korans. Oh no no no What a despicable bunch they are. No repect for anything beyond their own culture

They burn poppies but try burning one of ther Korans. Oh no no no What a despicable bunch they are. No repect for anything beyond their own culture

The koran is a religious book with devout followers, a poppy is a symbolic piece of plastic.

We have similar laws for the Bible and Christianity but as a country we don't give a stuff about the law or religion.

The koran is a religious book with devout followers, a poppy is a symbolic piece of plastic.

We have similar laws for the Bible and Christianity but as a country we don't give a stuff about the law or religion.

That piece of plastic as you call it symbolizes a lot more than books written by ancient scribes full of fairy tales

That piece of plastic as you call it symbolizes a lot more than books written by ancient scribes full of fairy tales

But you all miss the point - it does to SOME western modern society it doesn't to the rest of the world. I'm not saying it isn't a valuable symbol,it's just not the same in the eyes of the law.

But you all miss the point - it does to SOME western modern society it doesn't to the rest of the world. I'm not saying it isn't a valuable symbol,it's just not the same in the eyes of the law.

Can you be prosecuted for burning the Bible or the Koran in this country.

I haven't a clue on this one.

Archived