Protest against benefit changes

Been there, done that , got the t shirt. These assesors from Eastern Europe do the job because -: [A ] they are cheap and They do as their masters tell them.

I was refused despite having cancer and arthritis. My GP, my consultant and my oncologist were all disgusted. So was the barrister at the appeal, he could only use the criteria laid down by the DWP and he actually APOLOGISED to me.

A British medic would not do the kind of job the DWP expect. They have principles.

I told the DWP to stick their paltry £64 a week and work part time, often in discomfort, but I maintain my self esteem.

Lots work in discomfort,both part and full time..................good to hear you maintained your self esteem!,not a lot it about.

Been there, done that , got the t shirt. These assesors from Eastern Europe do the job because -: [A ] they are cheap and They do as their masters tell them.

I was refused despite having cancer and arthritis. My GP, my consultant and my oncologist were all disgusted. So was the barrister at the appeal, he could only use the criteria laid down by the DWP and he actually APOLOGISED to me.

A British medic would not do the kind of job the DWP expect. They have principles.

I told the DWP to stick their paltry £64 a week and work part time, often in discomfort, but I maintain my self esteem.

Refused what? And then offered £64/week?

Why then are we implementing a benefit system that is estimated to cost £6 billion more? It seems to those on the outside that the Tories just like to see people suffering.

£6billion will be the short to medium term investment required to change the system. Long term, when society has finally got the message that you will never be 'better off on benefits', and generation after generation no longer broght up in workless households, it should yield significant savings and benefit society as a whole by a change in culture.

Why are the government doing what they feel like

Because that’s what they were elected to do.

jobseekers and benefit claiments should stand up to the government.

And hardworking taxpayers (who pay all the country's bills) should stand up to feckless benefit claimants.

What about the feckless tax dodgers.

Yeah, but whatever the rights and wrongs of tax dodging they ain't feckless or stupid. Tax dodgers tend to be clever and industrious.

I work, pay taxes and what peas me off most is the people who dodge paying tax.

Then maybe you should get some professional advice on paying less tax? After all, you don't want to be bustin' your gut everyday to fund some 17-year-old charver called ‘Keely’ with two kids (different dads) to live a life of tattoos, fags and Jeremy Kyle, do ya?

Refused what? And then offered £64/week?
Refused ESA but offered MEANS TESTED Job Seekers Allowance. I told them to stick it, lived 4 months without benefit as I do have money of my own. Bloody Job Seekers Allowance for a guy with lung cancer and arthritis !!!!!. They try to get you on means tested benefits so they can dis- allow your claim. I was offered Pension Credits as well, same thing, means tested. I now work as and when I can. It's better than begging off those unhelpfull tw*ts at the DWP. They even refuse to give you benefits advice, you have to obtain all your info off the net and at Advice Centres.

Cancer is no bloody joke and the DWP make your life even harder. If you believe we have a fair welfare system, think again.

The sum of £64 per week was what they were paying me under the ESA and they tried to get me to jump thru' hoops for that. Next time I have to deal with those cretins I will take a Benefits Advisor with me. Macmillan put me in touch with a good one. In the meantime I shall keep my dignity and work as and when I can.

Then maybe you should get some professional advice on paying less tax? After all, you don't want to be bustin' your gut everyday to fund some 17-year-old charver called ‘Keely’ with two kids (different dads) to live a life of tattoos, fags and Jeremy Kyle, do ya?

Cheers for that Steve, I could set up a small business selling fake tan if all else fails.

Archived