Protest against benefit changes

Sounds like the old Britain to me, what happened to the modern technology that came in and was going to benefit all with shorter working weeks, more liesure time and earlier retirement? these were the carrots dangled to get us to accept all this modern technology.

I work with "modern technology" and it's as likely to reduce your working week as it is to make paper obsolete (another prediction that never happened)

Most Chinese still live in poor conditions, the money is once again in the pockets of a few just so that selfish people like you can have low cost goods at the expense of our own workforce.
Most Chinese still live in poor conditions because there are more of them than any other nation and their economy has only just emerged from the dark ages(which we look like heading back to) You are obviously ignorant of modern China, maintaining what can only be described as an old Sheffield cloth cap parochial attitude to modern day events.I am well read and up to speed with modern day China........as well as old Sheffield,but feel that you are probably not the one to debate these issues with!

Most Chinese still live in poor conditions because there are more of them than any other nation and their economy has only just emerged from the dark ages(which we look like heading back to) You are obviously ignorant of modern China, maintaining what can only be described as an old Sheffield cloth cap parochial attitude to modern day events.I am well read and up to speed with modern day China........as well as old Sheffield,but feel that you are probably not the one to debate these issues with!

Your arrogance and rudeness is only matched by your lack of knowledge regarding past Sheffield and UK industry along with your ingnorance.

Tell us what experience you've had of Sheffields past steel and heavey engineering industry.

Your arrogance and rudeness is only matched by your lack of knowledge regarding past Sheffield and UK industry along with your ingnorance.

Tell us what experience you've had of Sheffields past steel and heavey engineering industry.

You started with the selfish accusations sunshine! My experience of the Steel industry started when I worked at Hadfields as an apprentice!I also worked at two other firms allied to the steel industry in Sheffield in case you are so arrogant as to believe that I don;t know what I am talking about!.................no further comment!

Sounds like the old Britain to me, what happened to the modern technology that came in and was going to benefit all with shorter working weeks, more liesure time and earlier retirement? these were the carrots dangled to get us to accept all this modern technology.

It happened, we now have more leisure time than we've ever had before, and higher disposable incomes. We don't have earlier retirement as they ignore the population profile at the time and we now have more retiree's than working people...

Archived