Work hard but still skint!

I'm not entitled to WTC but get CTC and CB. I know this increases my income but Istill remain skint. I don't know what I am doing wrong! I question if my expectations are just too high but I don't have anything to compare myself to. I don't have Sky, smoke or run a car, I have a few debts that I pay but nothing unreasonable. I just feel rubbish sometimes that I can't afford to take my child on holiday or even to the cinema once a month and I don't go out with my mates very often. Is Scampi and salad regarded as a luxury? - I sometimes question if I should eat more beans on toast!

Full time, £14k and have a child?

You should be entitled to working tax credit?

AKITA - I do monthly budget sheets each month and honestly can't see where I am going wrong. Why is it that I am the poorest of my group of friends and colleagues? Why is it that I need a new coat but can't afford one? I'm not saying I am on the poverty line or anything, I'm just saying that I am highly frustrated that I wok 5 days a week and for what????? The only "extra" expenditure I have on top of essential bills is payments to old debts but I guess there's nothing I can do about that!

I think the basis on my moan is that I work full time and yet live next door to a benefit claimant and she seems to have a far more luxurious life than me - it just doesn't seem fair!

For a two person household I'd say that's a bit steep actually; there are three of us here and our spend is maybe £160.
£160 a month for three - £40 a week to feed three people? :suspect: That's just a bit tight really. £65 a week for two adults is not excessive!!

Archived