The Blake Hotel, Blake St

cleveland

longcol..yes he did . thats true ..iv walked up there after going to slipper baths from work.

dont no how i did it ..x

Thank you for confirming the story jennyren.

I used to go swimming at Upperthorpe Baths on a Sunday morning, get out at a quarter to twelve and walked / jogged up to the Rose House by opening time at midday.

Not quite as fit these days!

The shop across from the Blake was run for years by John and Doreen Baron they have 2 sons Peter and Anthony 1 Daughter called Monica ( they were never allowed to play out with us street kids )Mrs Baron was a battleaxe she was always telling her husband off you could have things on the tick until pay day it was very clean and well stocked also top priced they are still alive living in Crookes /Comonside area I saw them both a couple of weeks ago

• 4 weeks later...

went in last night, it's a two minute walk. loved it. the guy behind the bar was great. going back tomorrow night to see in the new-year-they do close before that though. i asked for magners and the guy, sorry, didn't get the name, suggested another cider. best one i've ever tasted. something plucker, it's called. i go back again, if only for that cider. but the whole thing is well done. loved the old adverts on the walls.

Archived