The Blake Hotel, Blake St

cleveland

Cant remember any of the names of the ales I'm afraid apart from the aforementioned Pigs Ear. I think they have about 4 or 5 ales like that one, and then the usual moonshine and kelham island ales. Then the lovely european lagers like flensburger, bitburger, kuppers kolsch, erdinger, leffe and sometimes paulaner.

Garden is fanastic with heated area so able to sit outside now. Is now my favourite local pub and gets quite busy from 8ish onwards. Pub quiz is also dead easy- we've won twice.

It's totally fine to leave your car outside (if you insist on driving) for whoever mentioned there being nothing left of it. Its Walkley to me and totally safe.

I've adopted The Blake as my new local and I love it.

Now go there 3 or 4 early bars a week before it gets busy.

Going to the next whiskey tasting (Irish night, so yes it's spelt right)

Ever changing guest ales, loads of lagers and 95+ whisky's.

No music, jukebox, TV, food or kids.......heaven.

I've adopted The Blake as my new local and I love it.

Now go there 3 or 4 early bars a week before it gets busy.

Going to the next whiskey tasting (Irish night, so yes it's spelt right)

Ever changing guest ales, loads of lagers and 95+ whisky's.

No music, jukebox, TV, food or kids.......heaven.

No kids thats our lot out then we thought there was a beer garden!

If its like the Sheaf View..no juke boxes..fruit machines or screaming kids !!...HEAVEN:|

It is like the Sheaf View beacuse its owned by the same people I believe but as far as kids are concerned I go in the sheaf all the time and there are kids outisde on the patio quite a lot of the time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Fantastic pub, really love it. Friendly staff and a great outside decking area. Good beers, dog friendly and.....Also have to be the best crisps I have ever tasted... you must try their crisps!!

My Mum went in there a couple of weeks ago and asked if she bring her dogs in sometime and the bloke behind the bar said that they positively encouraged it.:)

• 4 weeks later...
No kids thats our lot out then we thought there was a beer garden!

If it's similar to the Sheaf, they don't allow kids on their decking area, although you can take kids into the smoking shelter :) I don't believe that they really think anyone would, it's just to deter people from using the pub as a creche...

Archived