Ordering Takeaway Food Online

Hi.. I'm doing some research into fast food delivery and would like some feedback from Sheffield folk who have, OR would consider ordering food online : via websites such as Just-eat, Hungry House etc...

What do you consider to be the biggest drawbacks of ordering food online ?..

Maybe.. having to enter the long number across the middle of you credit card card into the site?

Maybe.. having no personal contact with the takeaway to discuss your order ?

On the flipside, what do you like about ordering food online ?

Maybe.. Having no personal contact with the takeaway to discuss your order ?!!

Maybe.. Not having to pay in cash and being able to slam your food order on the credit card ?!!

Finally...If there were a service where you could order food online that included telephone contact with the takeaway at the time of the food order, would you use that service or more less than a fully automated "Type your order in, Type your card details in, & Food arrives at your door" service ?!

Feedback will be gratuitously appreciated...

Use Just Eat a lot. Love the reviews so you can get a feel for the place before you order, much easier to place your order than over the phone (no language barriers etc).

Like the fact you can pay via card which the takeaways very often don't offer themselves directly.

All in all good service from Just Eat. Having telephone contact with the takeaway would offer no extra benefits in my opinion.

Use just eat loads, its simple and easy to use, reviews are great and the few times the takeaway has had problems (out of stock etc.) they just call me, never needed to call them.

One thing I wish I could spend my loyalty points on something useful as the points shop is a bit rubbish.

Use both card and cash.

• 8 months later...

I use websites to see menus and find numbers, but I prefer to speak to someone because on the couple of occasions I did order through the website it was an hour before I found out that the people I'd ordered with weren't delivering that night, due to breakdowns or staff shortages.

If I'd have called them instead of ordering by JustEat I'd have known that as soon as I tried to place the order and wouldn't be sitting at home waiting for food that was never going to arrive.

Maybe I was unlucky when I did try to order, but it wasn't a good experience.

Archived