Ordering Takeaway Food Online

The only time I've ever had a problem ordering takeaway, was last year when I ordered a Pizza from Domino's, it was coming from Ecclesall Road and it took the delivery driver an hour to find my Flat! :loopy:

I wouldn't mind but I've had stuff from Pizza Hut at Crookes and they found me no problem!

I use just-eat and hungry house, I like to read reviews and see different menus so you can pick something a bit different from what you may normally eat from the most local take away. I hate talking on phones so its really easy just to order online and there is no language barriers. Have also used these websites when staying in different cities and had food delivered to the hotel I was staying in.

Use Just Eat a lot. Love the reviews so you can get a feel for the place before you order, much easier to place your order than over the phone (no language barriers etc).

Chuffin ell, how much confusion can there be over "chips n cake"?! :hihi:

I've ordered several times through Just Eat. I think it's great that I can view the menus online. I always pay cash on delivery as I still don't trust online payments.

The only drawback is trying to organise deliveries from different takeaways for the same delivery time...... Seems they just deliver when they feel like it.

All in all though Just Eat is an awesome service

Thanks for all your responses.. Keep them coming !..

Can you give me your favourite takeaways around Ecclesall Road, Broomhill, Walkley Crookes, Hillsbrough..

i.e

Pizza

Chinese

Curry

Fish n Chips

Kebabs

Burgers

Note : All respondents will receive a "Freebie" to claim through our new website, launching oct/nov 2011* .. (*Limited to responses before the site launch!) Cheers & Thanks in advance :-)

Best Kebab is Elifs on eccy Road,

I've used JustEat a few times and I've only ever had a problem with one takeaway from there who took over an hour and a half to deliver and kept trying to fob us off when we called to chase them Have paid with both card and cash. Find it really useful to be able to pay on card when you suddenly realise you REALLY fancy takeout but have no cash on you! Must admit though apart from the odd occasion when I'm feeling brave I'll use the site to order food from places I already know and have used before.

• 8 months later...

What do you consider to be the biggest drawbacks of ordering food online ?..

People who has special dietary requirements can input their needs but ordering online you don't get that confirmation that those have been understood like you would with a phone/face to face order.

I have found personally with certain takeaways and seen others make threads on this very forum about long delivery times also, at times waiting over 2hrs.

On the flipside, what do you like about ordering food online ?

The ease of it. Many of these online order sites have account systems which you can save previous/regular ordered items. If I'm particularly busy it means that I just need to hit a couple of links and my food is ordered.

Finally...If there were a service where you could order food online that included telephone contact with the takeaway at the time of the food order, would you use that service or more less than a fully automated "Type your order in, Type your card details in, & Food arrives at your door" service ?!

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're suggesting some sort of VOIP connection via the browser with the takeaway you're ordering from to make the order over the internet.

If that's correct then why bother going online to order, you might aswell pick up the phone and order in the usual fashion.

Archived