Planning permission changes

Ive just found out that the bungalow on the main road near where I live has been sold. The land owned by this bungalow runs down the side of my house.

Planning permission was granted to build two dwellings on the land (which expires in Dec and work hasnt started yet).

I have been reliably informed that the new owners are Gypsies and they are planning on using the land to sell vehicles after knocking down the bungalow

Id assume the current planning permission does not allow for the sale of vehicles as its for granted for dwellings.

Im a little concerned as we are trying to sell our house and no-one will want to buy if there are cars and vans all over the place just over the fence.

Does anyone know and can help?

Thanks

You are more than likely correct that it does not have the required consent for selling vehicles. You can check the planning consents on properties by using the planning portal on the councils website and a call to a council planner who deals with your area should put your mind at rest.

While it might be worrying at the moment until you know exactly what's happening its unlikely that you will have anything to fear in reality.

Ive just found out that the bungalow on the main road near where I live has been sold. The land owned by this bungalow runs down the side of my house.

Planning permission was granted to build two dwellings on the land (which expires in Dec and work hasnt started yet).

I have been reliably informed that the new owners are Gypsies and they are planning on using the land to sell vehicles after knocking down the bungalow

Id assume the current planning permission does not allow for the sale of vehicles as its for granted for dwellings.

Im a little concerned as we are trying to sell our house and no-one will want to buy if there are cars and vans all over the place just over the fence.

Does anyone know and can help?

Thanks

Yes, you certainly wouldn't be able to run a business without applying for a change of use, which if you are in a residential area, it is very very unlikely they would get.

Archived