Parent and baby parking

leecw

i went to asda other day n i was with my other half n our baby so i went t park in a parent n baby space but all was took up but in one was a old man just sat in his car . i asked him if e was goin he said NO I WAITIN 4 MY DAUGHTER .:rant::rant::rant:

Dont know if this just me but it really <removed> me off .

Maybe the 'old man' is like me. I have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease but choose not to apply for disabled parking as I don't wish to be labelled. How I wish I could be fit enough to park any old where, baby or not. It would be sheer joy to be able to walk from the end of the car park to the other hauling a baby so please be glad that you can.

Why do I have to park further away from the door because someone else decides to have kids?. should be no "mother and kid" places.

I dont care where they place the Parent and baby spaces, in normal spaces you dont have enought room to open the door and safely get your child out into the pram, that is the idea of having larger spots for Parent and babies.

When you have kids you may understand. . . .

Maybe the 'old man' is like me. I have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease but choose not to apply for disabled parking as I don't wish to be labelled. How I wish I could be fit enough to park any old where, baby or not. It would be sheer joy to be able to walk from the end of the car park to the other hauling a baby so please be glad that you can.

You're missing the point. It's a health and safety matter, expecting someone with shopping and kids in tow to navigate the length of a busy car park. For one thing, drivers can't see them when they're reversing in and out of spaces.

We go to asda, and you can guarantee every time the spaces are all full. So we have to park right at the top of the car park. With three small kids too

why is it a problem to walk with 3 young children from the top of the car park?

Why do I have to park further away from the door because someone else decides to have kids?. should be no "mother and kid" places.

Totally agree they should be place in the safest place of the car park, if this be as the back/furthest away then so be it, they are there to give extra space not to save little leg ect.

Well they clamp cars parked in disabled spaces with no badge...

of course they ticket them, its hardly the choice of the disabled person to need a blue badge is it? plus disabled/parent space? tis hardly in the same thing is it?

You're missing the point. It's a health and safety matter, expecting someone with shopping and kids in tow to navigate the length of a busy car park. For one thing, drivers can't see them when they're reversing in and out of spaces.

I think you're all missing the point, the man was waiting for his daughter and probably her children so he had every right to be parked where he was.

sorry i dont buy this, you have the littlest in the trolly seat and any bigger kids can hold onto the side.

I am a mum of 3 young children (one with special needs) and where i agree that they make life easier, some parents seem to think its their god given right to have one :hihi:

God only knows how millions of people with kids did their shopping prior to these spaces!!

I always managed, on my own and even on real buses!

Stop demanding the world on a stick or whinging about it and get on with your life!

Some people have real problems!!

Cant believe nobody has come up with the perfect solution yet!!!

Its simple.

Mothers (including myself) do not have broken legs or anything, therefore we are capable of walking a few hundred yards. All we need is a wider parking space so that we can get the rug rats out of the car easily and into a pram etc.

Put the parent and toddler spaces away from the entrance cause there is no need for them to be there. We all have legs and can walk. but you can guarantee if they aren't outside the door then no one else will want to nick them.Simple

Anyone who says otherwise to this is just damn lazy

Archived