Parent and baby parking

leecw

What a nasty, rude, arrogant know all person you are. You don't know the circumstances of people you are verbally abusing. Although I am not classed as disabled I need room to open the door fully to get in/out. I take it you won't mind if I damage your car while trying to get in/out in a narrow space?

and no I'm not a fat, lazy,twizzle guzzler.

Poor show fella! no need to resort to that. Genuinely disabled people have disabled parking bays - probably more than is ever used, so why use the baby spaces? Looking to row with parents? to those that aren't disabled and choose to use the baby spaces, what's the excuse? Lazy, carnt give a damn? please enlighten.

Sometimes as a family, which comprises of myself, our lass and 3 kids, 4, 6 and 11, do the shopping at Morrisons at Hillsborough and we usually park in the parent parking in the upper deck.

Before going into Morrisons itself we'll sometimes get certain bits and bobs from the Pound shop that I then dash back to the car with to put in the boot before catching up with our lass on her way to Morrisons to do the shopping. This always bothers me because sometimes I get funny looks from people when they see me on my own at the car in a parent parking space and they don't realise what's going on.

I assume the 6 year old will have booster seat instead of the full locked-in child restraint. Maybe the 11 yr old has one too. When someone looks, just lift it out the car, lift it above your head and show it to the onlookers, particularly those with a scowl.

Bonzo77. Thank you for your biased offensive comments. You have confirmed my opinion of you. But neither you or Mogwai84 have answered my question, Would YOU mind if I damaged your cars?

I expressed an opinion of why people may be using these bays and I don't intend to get into further discussion as Bonzo77 is not capable or does not have a legitimate point to make so he resorts to insults.

You're more than welcome, but why my comments are biased is a mystery to me! I can see why they may seem slightly offensive, but that was the point.

If you've got a genuine medical reason, use the disabled bays. If you don't have a badge, apply for one. They seem to hand them out left right and centre, so you wouldn't get turned down!

Bonzo77 If you think getting a disabled badge is easy then you really are a fool. As previously stated I am not discussing my medical conditions.

Not easy? Then why do they give them to people who don't need them? Same goes for the mobility scooters. I'm sure the only reason some people have them is because they are fat and lazy! I see people getting out of cars who can walk fine and they have their blue badge on display.

If you don't have a badge or a child with you, then you don't need to park in the parent and child spaces......unless you're bone idle.

I respect the fact that you feel you have medical issues, but if you can't get a disabled badge, you don't need one.

Do you also park in the disabled bays, or just the parent and child spaces?

Discriminatory parking is one of the most abused schemes there is, along with the mobility racket scheme.

Its behaviour that discredits genuinely needy or safety cases.

I would love to see a survey by some school children who covertly observe some spaces for a set period. Their evidence would be observational only and we may get an unbiased honest view of usage.

if you had any knowledge of the blue badge scheme you would know its heavily weighted towards physical impairmnets, and specific ones at that.

It might not always be obvious why someone needs a blue badge, or any form of concession but it doesn't mean its your right to judge, as that has already been done for you by the council blue badge scheme.

just because your not eligible for a blue badge doesn't make you disabled or not disabled, it just means that you don't meet the criteria, which is very specific. As an example, I would imagine most people wouldn't question someone using that space who had broken their leg, but they aren't entitled to a blue badge.

I am not entitled to a blue badge, but I am entitled to other disability related benefits. However, I can't even drive for medical reasons so a blue badge might seem a bit pointless despite that it might be useful.

It is a legacy from the starting of the blue badge scheme where only people who were considered physically impaired were considered disabled. Thankfully now our definitions have broadened to include a range of other impairments but unforutnately the benefits and concesssions schemes haven't caught up yet (and neither would it seem has some posters attitudes)

Archived