Now is the winter of our discontent

I could wander around with a placard but it's quite cold outside and it would be largely pointless.

in the poll tax demonstrations people holding placards and thousands more changed the governments mind about implementing it. so people power can achieve results :roll:

The major problem is the growing gap between the wealthy and the working class.

I'm not up to snuff on what's happening in UK but the average income of an ordinary American working family is around the same as it was in 1995.

The price of a bbl of oil is now cheaper than it has been for years yet food prices are not coming down either but when oil was at it's priciest this was the excuse given for raising food prices

Obama in his state of the union speech outlined many programs that should be implemented including much lower costs for community colleges.

None or very little of it will get through Congress. If a republican wins the presidency in 2016 and congress and the senate remain in control then this country is in for a rocky time

in the poll tax demonstrations people holding placards and thousands more changed the governments mind about implementing it. so people power can achieve results :roll:

That was a specific protest against a (at the time) new tax. My placard would be easy to make.

What you're wanting isn't specific enough.