Is this another SCAM ?

goldenbabe1966

• 2 weeks later...
HAHAHAHAHAHA i just got that phone call, said he was from microsoft and i had had an error with my computer.

at that point i said no thanks and slammed the phone down on him, almost called him a **** too but i was a good boy, just slammed it down :)

thats 3 times ive had that phone call now :(

• 1 month later...

Soz to bump this thread up, I had a phone call about an hour ago from "Microsoft" (withheld number by the way) telling me I had a Trojan bug, I was suspicious straight away cos I had supposedly sent an error report, which I hadnt, so wanted to hear what they had to say.

They told me to turn my computer on and type in the address http://www.teamviewer.com, well as soon as I put that in I knew it was a phishing scam, as this site is a remote access download, he asked me to download it so I said and if I download it will you be able to access my pc and look at my files? "yes he replied but i am only going to access the files that are infected," "ah right" said I, "I dont think so, tell you what give me you phone number and I will call you back and hung up.

Anyhow Im glad this thread was on cos although deep down I knew it didnt ring true, I could very nearly have been scamed, and for a few seconds he did have me convinced and I like to think Im pretty savvy in these matters, so for someone less shall we say wise to these fraudsters I dread to think what would have happened, you may as well just give your pin number and your card to a total stranger.

Archived