Unbelievable woman left baby in car

2,222 killed in road accidents in 2009.

Number of babies abandoned in cars and stolen or burned to a cinder by spontaneous combustion... err... none.

It's a clear message, if you want to avoid killing or injuring your child, do not drive them around in a car.

But, if you leave them alone in the back outside the shops they will be safe.

Please can we start having a like button :D

I've left my little lad in the car to pay for petrol or to run to the cash machine but don't think I would leave him for more than 2 mins. I'm not worried about what could happen to my child more what my child would do to the car!! :hihi:

I don't have a child (he's got kids of his own) but:

Sheffield in November. Temperature what? - 14- 16 'C? (Not a lot of chance of the child freezing to death.)

Child in a car seat. Securely fastened inside the car.

What's the risk? - Where I live, about bugger-all.

Is Sheffiled really such a crappy place to live that people go around abducting babies from parked cars?

I hadn't realised it was such a depraved place.

I'm glad I don't live there.

Nah, the kid wouldn't get snatched in Sheffield, and you are joking about the temps in Sheffield being so high at this time of year? More like 5c-7c... So neither freezing nor boiling hot... Where this 'shop' is is neither residential nor a walk through for anyone - it's amongst industrial units and offices... Had she left the car on the road (as many do who use this shop) that could have been dodgy in case someone ran into the back of her, but the car park near the shop isn't one where someone would really be able to ram the car... I really cannot see any problem in someone running in a sandwich shop for a minute - she probably wouldn't expect to be 15 mins, as I myself have never been 15 mins at beres! I would sooner be the son of the object of the OPs derision than the son of the OP... I'd never have been allowed to breathe incase the air was polluted!

A thief who dumped a seven month old baby girl by the roadside after stealing her mother's car has been condemned for showing callous disregard for her safety. Skip related content

Related photos / videos

Car thief dumped baby on roadside

Enlarge photo .The man also left the woman's 14-year-old son by the road a short time after driving off in the silver BMW the children were sitting in while their mother went into a petrol station.

While neither child was harmed in incident at the garage forecourt on the Newry Road in Warrenpoint, Co Down, it has left the community stunned, according to the Assembly member PJ Bradley.

"This was a callous and vulgar attack that must have been traumatic for the mother and extremely frightening for her kidnapped children," said the SDLP representative.

"Thankfully, no one was injured, nevertheless it does not take away from the seriousness of this criminal act.

"The thoughts of people in the wider Warrenpoint area are with the family as they try to get over this ordeal and I appeal to anyone with information about this incident to pass it onto the police immediately."

The theft happened last Thursday around 9.30pm but police have only now released details.

The children were found a short time later nearby along the side of the Narrow Water Road unharmed.

A member of the public brought them back to the shop and they were reunited with their mother.

The thief was described as being bald, in his early 20s and wearing a raincoat over a blue hooded top. The BMW was found in the Dundalk area the following day.

Todays news. :o

Yes, it is irresponsible, but not because of any risk of the baby being stolen.

It's not crime of the century, I cant think of many parents who would retrieve their sleeping children from their carseats when they filled up with petrol or nipped into the newsagent to pick up a newspaper for example.

I do leave my lo in the car when ive popped into the petrol station to pay. Mind you I think there is more chance in a 2 year old getting run over on the forecourt.

[/b]

Please can we start having a like button :D

I've left my little lad in the car to pay for petrol or to run to the cash machine but don't think I would leave him for more than 2 mins. I'm not worried about what could happen to my child more what my child would do to the car!! :hihi:

Yep we definitely need a like button. :)

A thief who dumped a seven month old baby girl by the roadside after stealing her mother's car has been condemned for showing callous disregard for her safety. Skip related content

Related photos / videos

Car thief dumped baby on roadside

Enlarge photo .The man also left the woman's 14-year-old son by the road a short time after driving off in the silver BMW the children were sitting in while their mother went into a petrol station.

While neither child was harmed in incident at the garage forecourt on the Newry Road in Warrenpoint, Co Down, it has left the community stunned, according to the Assembly member PJ Bradley.

"This was a callous and vulgar attack that must have been traumatic for the mother and extremely frightening for her kidnapped children," said the SDLP representative.

"Thankfully, no one was injured, nevertheless it does not take away from the seriousness of this criminal act.

"The thoughts of people in the wider Warrenpoint area are with the family as they try to get over this ordeal and I appeal to anyone with information about this incident to pass it onto the police immediately."

The theft happened last Thursday around 9.30pm but police have only now released details.

The children were found a short time later nearby along the side of the Narrow Water Road unharmed.

A member of the public brought them back to the shop and they were reunited with their mother.

The thief was described as being bald, in his early 20s and wearing a raincoat over a blue hooded top. The BMW was found in the Dundalk area the following day.

Todays news. :o

Hmmm. This must surely be a mistake, cause the odds of this happening are astronomical. :rolleyes:

Let me check my calendar, it must be April 1st.

No? Wow. Then I guess it really did happen.

Paranoid nuts - 1

Those who think it can't happen to them - 0

I'd gamble and throw the dice again, but it's real live children who are the dice. Sadly, I know there are parents out there who will use their kids as collateral in this dangerous craps game. The seven month old won't remember, too bad we can't say the same for the 14 year old.

Go on then, let's readjust the stat's.

2,222 killed in road accidents in 2009.

Number of babies abandoned in cars and stolen or burned to a cinder by spontaneous combustion... err... none.

Don't drive your children around in cars. It is far too dangerous. The same goes for getting in an aeroplane because they crash sometimes and God knows how many die in their beds each year.

I think it is just down to common sense, as I said I would leave lo in car if I popped into petrol station to pay, stop to post a letter but can't get next to the post box so therefore walking several yards down the road etc but wouldn't leave him there to do the weekly shop.

The seven month old won't remember, too bad we can't say the same for the 14 year old.

You can imagine the reaction from the average 14yo where a parent demanded they accompany them to the charity shop on the basis that leaving them in the car raised the possibility of them being abducted! :hihi:

[/b]

Probably not much but something could happen and if it happened to my baby I don't know how I would live myself afterwards.

There are probably many parents around who left their child unattended for only a few minutes thinking it wouldn't happen to them and it did. Do a google search on toddler plays with matches and see what the results are.

That's what I feel too, you should be protecting yourself as much as the child. The Madeline McCann case proves it can and does happen. In 15 mins a child could wake up and start choking etc. It's not worth the risk. I have lost 6 out of 7 pregnancies and it makes you focus your mind very firmly on how precious children are. To be neglectful in such a situation is pure arrogance to me. Loss is bad enough but guilt even worse.

Archived