Unbelievable woman left baby in car

I agree, just because it hasn't happened so far doesn't mean it couldn't. People use stats etc to justify their so called rational argument but really I think it's because they can't bear the alternative that bad things do happen to good people. To face the fact would be too painful for them. What were the chances of me losing children then having a child abducted from my care that brought all that loss back as it was yesterday, a million to one but it happen so wise up people, life is cruel so get over it.

Thankyou some one with common sense.........

People can quote stats,figures whatever,after a lot of comments iv'e got a sneeky feeling quite a few are guilty of just that leaving a baby/child,on their own.......feeling guilty now so you should..............

There is no excuse whatever to validate leaving a baby unsupervised.......

There's the flaky folk who just like to take the p..s fair enough,and believe it or not i've got a sense of humor but where a child can come to harm,i really

don't see anything funny about that.........

I also agree, and I'm sorry for what happened to you. :(

As for the original woman the op mentioned, yes. Maybe she was suffering from post partum depression. I struggled with it myself after the births of both of my children, so I do have some sympathy for her. I remember going to buy groceries when my youngest was about a month old. He was in his carseat in the grocery cart, and I turned away to put some apples in a bag. The cart was right next to me. When I turned back not 30 seconds later, there was some woman unbuckling his carseat! I asked her what in the hell she was doing, and she said she only wanted to 'hold' him. I was so shaken up by this and so exhausted from lack of rest, (my son was the world's worst sleeper) that I ended up sobbing in the manager's office in the arms of a sympathetic employee. To this day, I think of it and shudder at what could have happened. The police wanted to talk to this woman, but they never found her. They told me later that she was probably from out of the area. Whoever she was, she was a weirdo.

The people at the store felt so bad, I gave them my shopping list and they delivered my groceries free of charge. Maybe they were afraid of a lawsuit too, because everybody in America is sue happy. ;)

In any case, I was just grateful for the help that day.

Please parents, don't leave your kids alone in the car!

Sorry for your experience too Sierra, it proves that no matter how people rationalise things that our experiences are more powerful in telling us what we should or shouldn't avoid. We are a produce of our experiences and whereas cognitive theory can help us deal with the worst of our anxiety it's never going to erase that memory.

I also agree, and I'm sorry for what happened to you. :(

As for the original woman the op mentioned, yes. Maybe she was suffering from post partum depression. I struggled with it myself after the births of both of my children, so I do have some sympathy for her. I remember going to buy groceries when my youngest was about a month old. He was in his carseat in the grocery cart, and I turned away to put some apples in a bag. The cart was right next to me. When I turned back not 30 seconds later, there was some woman unbuckling his carseat! I asked her what in the hell she was doing, and she said she only wanted to 'hold' him. I was so shaken up by this and so exhausted from lack of rest, (my son was the world's worst sleeper) that I ended up sobbing in the manager's office in the arms of a sympathetic employee. To this day, I think of it and shudder at what could have happened. The police wanted to talk to this woman, but they never found her. They told me later that she was probably from out of the area. Whoever she was, she was a weirdo.

The people at the store felt so bad, I gave them my shopping list and they delivered my groceries free of charge. Maybe they were afraid of a lawsuit too, because everybody in America is sue happy. ;)

In any case, I was just grateful for the help that day.

Please parents, don't leave your kids alone in the car!

Jesus wept, that is scary. I was at one of those indoor play centres once when my son was 2. I was heavily pregnant at the time, a week away from giving birth and cast my eye around for somewhere to sit down, took my eye off him for less than a minute then couldn't see him. I had a frantic search inside then rushed out only to discover that he'd wandered off and left the play area, outside of which was an amusement arcade. I had nightmares for weeks about it afterwards.

I can understand a parent leaving a baby in the car for literally seconds, whilst they post a letter, pay for petrol or whatever, and have the car in view. 15 minutes is a hell of a long time, however, as the woman in the OP did and it's not something that I ever did.

Jesus wept, that is scary. I was at one of those indoor play centres once when my son was 2. I was heavily pregnant at the time, a week away from giving birth and cast my eye around for somewhere to sit down, took my eye off him for less than a minute then couldn't see him. I had a frantic search inside then rushed out only to discover that he'd wandered off and left the play area, outside of which was an amusement arcade. I had nightmares for weeks about it afterwards.

I can understand a parent leaving a baby in the car for literally seconds, whilst they post a letter, pay for petrol or whatever, and have the car in view. 15 minutes is a hell of a long time, however, as the woman in the OP did and it's not something that I ever did.

And your experience is scary, too! Doesn't it seem as soon as they're mobile, the first thing they do is they want to get away from you? And you probably wondered just how did he wander away so quickly without anyone seeing him? My youngest wandered away from a wedding reception at a hotel in San Diego when he had just turned three. He wasn't gone that long, but right outside was a marina where boats were moored, and we found him a couple hundred yards away, standing on the dock, looking at the boats and talking to himself. He told us later he wanted to find daddy and grandpa's boat and go sailing. (My husband and his dad kept a sailboat in Alameda, Ca.)

My heart was in my throat the entire time, and I know my husband felt the same. I kept thinking if he fell in and drowned? I'd have jumped in and drowned myself. I think all of us as parents have had that experience with our kids.

Archived