Unbelievable woman left baby in car

Why would you call the police straight away? Would you call the police if somebody left a baby in the car whilst at a petrol station and the parent went to pay for fuel?

I've done that....if only to deter scrotes from breaking into it. If more people did it I'm sure car crime would drop. :hihi:

15 mins is nothing when you're at a Tesco express at 5pm.

No she could not see her car or the baby as the car park is right at the back of all the shops,how long would it take for some evil person to have put a brick through the window and just gone with the baby.

Am i the only person out there who thinks this is totally irrisponsible, of any parent to leave a child in a car let alone a totally defenceless baby.......

Its not something I would ever do personally...there is also the risk of fire or the car rolling away -or an accident. You never know what's going to happen.

Whilst I would never leave a baby alone in a car, the baby was in a safe place, proberly asleep. Sheffield is not full of wicked people just waiting for an opportunity to strike and steal a sleping baby. How do you know, what the mother was thinking, maybe she is suffering post natal depression? I've heard many stories of new mums leaving new born babies outside shops and walking home having totally forgot the baby and had to rush back!

Facts.................

The baby was left alone,not asleep,wide awake,at one stage crying,so iwas making funny faces etc through my window and waving which was keeping him looking at me and not getting as upset........

The mum could not see the baby at all from the shops.............

I didn't say anything to her when she came back,my mistake wished i had,i was wrong..........

Some people have made valid points yes if you are at a petrol station and can still see the baby in the car thats fair enough.............

To those who have made flippant and stupid comments i really hope to god you havn't got kids.............

Nasty people are opportunists,i know an electricain who left his vehicle unattended whilst talking to his customer,they were only a few feet away,silly bloke had left his keys in the ignition......that was all it took the the thief nicked the van and all his tools............

I can't believe how some people can be so niave............

Archived