Unbelievable woman left baby in car

And don't forget that flaming meteorites can punch a hole clean through the roof and set fire to the babies hair.

If you're unlucky the meteorite might contain a child eating blob from outer space.

Its alright to mock, but children have been injured due to being left alone in cars, or the car has been stolen ... its just common sense in the same way you should never leave a baby alone in a house for five minutes

I once left my young son in the car whilst I posted a letter in a post box just feet away. A passing police officer saw my son in the car alone and gave me a severe telling off. Amonsgt other things the PC mentioned car theft, kidnapping, car accident (ie another car drving into the side/back of my car) and car igniting. By that time I was a blithering guilt ridden wreck.

I personally wouldn't leave a baby or young child unattended in a car, nor have I ever done, however, I can sympathise with the hassle of waking up a child, getting them out of the car seat, getting a buggy/pram out of the boot, setting it up and transferring the child into it, or carrying him/her round the shop. 15 minutes does seem a long time.

I don't have children so don't know, but don't most small children sleep in a whole other room to the parents where they could catch fire/choke/have a brick thrown through the window anyway? Not condoning leaving a baby in the car of course but it just seems a little silly.

I was left in the car as a small child, I can remember accidentally beeping the horn and thinking I'd get in huge trouble haha.

Archived