Student protests planned on a national scale on 24 November

'Forgoten'. This is so important to you that you can't be bothered to spell check it? you can't be bothered to read what you post?

Other people will get involved. Some of them wil be able to spell.

Tosser.

I don't think any posters spelling abilities are particularly important, as long as we can understand what they are trying to say.

As a result, we will excuse your little lapse.

I also feel that, whether we agree or disagree with what a poster says, he/she should be allowed to make their point without others resorting to insulting names.

Here is food for thought. How many paid their dues, got their degrees/diplomas, with only job prospect being joining the unemployed where many have already been compelled to do cheap/slave labour? A BLOODY LOT!

Well if they all end up as doleys they don't have to pay our money back. That's the way it works, they only pay back if they make plenty of cash.

good on them this goverments pushing people to far, rich kids wont have to worry there parents will pay there fees loose change to most torys, will put most working class kids of going to university we have idiots running the country again everybodys kids have the right to further education not just the rich

Poor kids won't have to worry either because the fees aren't payable unless you end up in a high-paying job. So who, exactly, is protesting?

Would you really describe £21k / year as a high paying job?

I have to pay my loan back on earnings over £15k, and that certainly isn't a high wage.

I have to pay my loan back on earnings over £15k, and that certainly isn't a high wage.

But how much is taken from your pay packet? According to direct.gov you pay 9% of anything over the £15000 threshold.

So if you earn £16000 a year, that's £1000 over the threshold. 9% of that is £90?

... with a mind blowingly low interest rate of 1.5%

Frankly, anyone who doesn't lend as much as possible from the Student Loan Company is a bit of a mug. Deposit for a house, new car, business finance, recyling it into a higher interest account... the possibilities are amazing. Don't they teach that at university?

Archived