Has anyone ever used Emla cream?

I bought some today to use tomorrow but I can't seem to get the dressings you're supposed to use with it from anywhere. I asked advice from the pharmacist, and from Boots pharmacist as well, but they don't seem to know much about it. I've heard you can just use cling-film as an alternative to the dressings but not sure if that will work.

Anyone else done this? Or know where I can buy the dressings from as none of the chemists seem to stock them?

Well, don't leave us in suspenders ... What does it do? Does it make you look like something in 'The Mummy awakes', does it make you look like Madonna or does it make you look like Nora Batty?

"Fess up.

LOL, it's a topical numbing cream for minor skin procedures such as a tattoo, laser hair removal, piercings, needles etc.

I'm not going to tell you which one it's for though. :)

If its for a tattoo i tried it once. It eased things a little for about 15 minutes and that was for a 3 hour sitting. Part and parcel of a tattoo is the sensation in my opinion. Thats why i find them addictive. Cant help on the piercing side as only my ears are done. Good luck either way.

Being a bit of a self confessed expert on these things Shazza, I can give you the following advice:

Elmlea cream is not really the thing to spread all over your body (well... it can be in certain circumstances and with a willing partner!) Also, it doesn't go too well with dressing ...tends to curdle! :gag:

I guess at a push you could use a light salad dressing, maybe with a few sprigs of parsley for decorative effect, or even a couple of strategically placed lightly fried eggs (maybe three, thinking about it!).

If my memory serves me correctly though, you live on t'Cross. So I suspect (correct me if I'm wrong) that you're just trying to hide the tattoo of last weeks paramour. Cream's the wrong thing for this!!

Dulux do a nice range of tan coloured emulsion paints which under cover of darkness would be hardly noticeable ... it dries quick too, in case you'll need a quick touching up!

I hope this has answered your plea ... any questions, feel free to ask! :D

Thanks alco, though I have moved away from't Cross nah you know. :)

I am currently smothered in Emla, plastered in cling-film and have duct tape everywhere. I look like a patched up cyborg. :hihi: I hope it frigging works after all this!!

Oh dear Shazza! You're not painting a very pretty picture of yourself here! Some time ago you told me (as the agony aunt on Alcozilla, as I recall) that you were a pulsating red blob! Combine this with Elmlea and miles of cling film and duct tape and I'm afraid you're not going to get many favourable responses in the ' What do you imagine other forum users look like?' column! :gag:

Don't even go near the 'which SF user would you like to date?' bit! :hihi:

Archived