Hole In The Road Thread with Pics

Trever

Can anyone remember the shops down there..

A shoe repair shop.

South Yorkshire transport office(timetables).

Tobaconist.

Stinky toilets (Frequented by dodgy geezers).

An underground entrance to C&A.

Any others/corrections?

there was an entrance to the co-op and the SWFC kabin on the corner

I think there was an entrance to bunker and pratley's TV shop. And I seem to remember a Newsagent. There may have been a sandwhich shop or a cafe there because I seem to remember men sat around with cups of tea in a retail unit in one of the walkways.

I am trying to remember what the shops were next door to bunker and pratleys with subway access, a travel agent comes to mind but the memory is a little fuzzy.

I think there was an entrance to bunker and pratley's TV shop. And I seem to remember a Newsagent. There may have been a sandwhich shop or a cafe there because I seem to remember men sat around with cups of tea in a retail unit in one of the walkways.

I am trying to remember what the shops were next door to bunker and pratleys with subway access, a travel agent comes to mind but the memory is a little fuzzy.

Did that become Tandys ?

Can anyone remember the shops down there..

A shoe repair shop.

South Yorkshire transport office(timetables).

Tobaconist.

Stinky toilets (Frequented by dodgy geezers).

An underground entrance to C&A.

Any others/corrections?

There was an entrance to Yorkshire Electricity, and about 27,000 poster sellers.

great memories...

they should have just built the tram tracks over it like a mono rail...and kept it open..spent some cash doing it up..kept the roundabout so traffic could flow....instead of the stupid layout now..and got city ambassadors in..who now patrol every major development (which is a sad inditement really of todays society)