Hole In The Road Thread with Pics

Trever

yes think it was the abc pictures

yes the ABC was just down Angel Street, and had a Saturday morning matinee, called the "Minors Matinee", in the 1970s, when I went, it cost a shilling (5 new pence!) to get in.

There were another couple of cinemas nearby, (well more, really!)

There was the Classic, in FitzAlan Square, the Odeon on Flat Street (Became a bingo club!) there was the Cinecenta (IIRC) above Presto Stores on the Pond Street Gallery (Under the Fiesta:- became the 7-screen odeon a few years ago)

does any body remember the buskers in the late 70's early 80's i used to go in the hole in the road yes there was shops and a fish tank also doggy blokes selling fake jewelry and buskers there was one band in particular that was very good they had crowds filling all the entrance they where a rockabilly band on chap used to play the big bass spinning it and jumping all over it can anyone remember there name

Th band you are on about was called 'The Sharp Cuts'

It did have some shops, but thinking about it they may have just been display windows.

You used to be able to access Tandy and I think The YEB directly from T'ole in t'Road.

The first thing you saw in Tandy was the "As Seen" stand, loads of faulty Electrical goods at a vastly reduced price, one of my mates saved loads of money there by mending his purchases.

yes the ABC was just down Angel Street, and had a Saturday morning matinee, called the "Minors Matinee", in the 1970s, when I went, it cost a shilling (5 new pence!) to get in.

There were another couple of cinemas nearby, (well more, really!)

There was the Classic, in FitzAlan Square, the Odeon on Flat Street (Became a bingo club!) there was the Cinecenta (IIRC) above Presto Stores on the Pond Street Gallery (Under the Fiesta:- became the 7-screen odeon a few years ago)

you forgot studio 567 on the wicker :P