Help with my central heating please

Ok, so my central heating is gravity fed, heated by a boiler and I have a digital programmer unit to control the heating and hot water. The heating is also controlled through a digital thermostat in the hallway. This is a Salus RT300RF unit.

Now the thermostat unfortunately sits on a wall that has hot water pipes behind it, making trying to keep the temperature the same all the time quite difficult!

To combat this I recently got myself a Salus (or Glo-warm) RT300RF wireless unit, based on the fact they are the same make and the description states that they have the same backplate - more fool me! The receiver unit is very different, and after reading the instructions 20 times I have come to the conclusion it needs it's own seperate 240v power supply. So are there any electricians/heating engineers out there reading this who could quote me for this work?

Behind the wall where the thermostat attaches are several thick grey cables that lead upstairs. I'm assuming one of these could just be split to provide power to the thermostat receiver - however this is rather beyond me, so rather than guessing I could do with someone who knows what they are doing to have a look!

Help please? :help:

Ok, so my central heating is gravity fed, heated by a boiler and I have a digital programmer unit to control the heating and hot water. The heating is also controlled through a digital thermostat in the hallway. This is a Salus RT300RF unit.

Now the thermostat unfortunately sits on a wall that has hot water pipes behind it, making trying to keep the temperature the same all the time quite difficult!

To combat this I recently got myself a Salus (or Glo-warm) RT300RF wireless unit, based on the fact they are the same make and the description states that they have the same backplate - more fool me! The receiver unit is very different, and after reading the instructions 20 times I have come to the conclusion it needs it's own seperate 240v power supply. So are there any electricians/heating engineers out there reading this who could quote me for this work?

Behind the wall where the thermostat attaches are several thick grey cables that lead upstairs. I'm assuming one of these could just be split to provide power to the thermostat receiver - however this is rather beyond me, so rather than guessing I could do with someone who knows what they are doing to have a look!

Help please? :help:

Hi, we'd be happy to take a look and give you a quote to fit the RF receiver and stat, unfortunately we are fully booked all weekend so it would have to be next week. If you would like one of us to visit please call me any time to arrange a convenient appointment.

Thanks

Dan

City Wide Heating Services

Archived