What do people of south yorkshire think

I appreciate what you are saying bf and do see where your coming from, there were not many who went to Hillsborough, back then and not that many even now, but fortunately the racist stuff has all but gone, bar the odd ignorant fool who is likely to be ejected !

Well to be honest Michael the major factor for my not cheering on the Reds anymore are the skinny arse seats I'm required to squeeze my backside into..I'll be back when we can stand up again and dance on the terraces :banana:

Well to be honest Michael the major factor for my not cheering on the Reds anymore are the skinny arse seats I'm required to squeeze my backside into..I'll be back when we can stand up again and dance on the terraces :banana:

no doing that these days anyway, never mind the seats :D

Anyway, my last post on this for now, I hope that this is not repeated next year on November 11th because this sort of incident will probably see a more serious turn out on behalf of the Islamic extremists and those who will oppose them, prevention is better than cure and if the government needs to introduce legislation, then I think it should !

cos its fashionable to be anti muslim

I think that there's a huge (and important) difference between being anti-Muslim and anti-Islam and the two are all too frequently conflated, which is misleading and has resulted in the frequent accusations of racism that abound whenever anyone voices any criticism of Islam rather than Muslims.

Theres not just apathy toward rememberance day among muslims,but amongst those born and bred here also,WHITE POPPYS???? Anyone recall those?

Our younger generation arent schooled in history as we were once upon a time,i was taught all about both world wars,the horrors,the history that led to them.

Maybe its because my old fellas a former soldier,that i appreciate so much what those that lay down thier lives for us sacrificed.

BETTER education,more english history,may well foster,a better understanding of the deeds of our forefathers.

Im anti war,are not all of us?i dont want another somme,another auswitz,a nuclear war with the russians,or anyone else.

Is it TOO much to expect of those settled here from so many countries to respect our war dead from 2 world wars most of them actually fought in!!AND on the same side!

Religion is nothing more than a paltry excuse,wev been there before in 1586,when there was a plot to kill our queen from those aligned to rome,from within our own people,they were known as extremists.

Iv little doubt this will raise its head again next november.

Archived